• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Germany

ChrisD84

Local time
1:46 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

my name is Chris. I am 39 and from Bavaria, Germany. Since 5 years I own a 1968 Charger that was, according to the previous owner, in Germany for over 35 years prior to my purchase. It has been a 318 base Charger that had a 383 swapped in. As there were still many things to do and my Englisch has never been the best, I was a „silent reader“ in this forum. Many thanks for the usefull threads in here!
Things I have done so far: Redone 1968 440 hp with matching redone tranny, new suspension, disc brake conversion, new fuel tank. Nothing wild, but more to the OEM r/t specs. Things to do: Replace wiring harnesses , dash resto, replace the old ac… Fortunatley no rust, even the trunk is in very good condition.

Happy new year to everyone

Greetings
Chris

IMG_1064.jpeg

Welcome to B Body country, very nice ride.

I have been to Bavaria and it is beautiful....

Happy New Year !

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten. Nice ride, it stands out! Perfect

Happy to see another vintage Mopar has found a loving home!!

Welcome (3)f.jpg

Welcome to FBBO from NY.
‘68 is my favorite year for the Charger :thumbsup:

1704133843081.jpeg

Hello everyone,

my name is Chris. I am 39 and from Bavaria, Germany. Since 5 years I own a 1968 Charger that was, according to the previous owner, in Germany for over 35 years prior to my purchase. It has been a 318 base Charger that had a 383 swapped in. As there were still many things to do and my Englisch has never been the best, I was a „silent reader“ in this forum. Many thanks for the usefull threads in here!
Things I have done so far: Redone 1968 440 hp with matching redone tranny, new suspension, disc brake conversion, new fuel tank. Nothing wild, but more to the OEM r/t specs. Things to do: Replace wiring harnesses , dash resto, replace the old ac… Fortunatley no rust, even the trunk is in very good condition.

Happy new year to everyone

Greetings
Chris

View attachment 1583134
So how much attention does that Charger get in Germany?
Pretty car BTW, and your English is fine, and maybe better than mine.

Nice car.
My tour of duty back in 1974-76, was at the Zweibrucken, Germany US Air Force Base, as a jet aircraft mechanic (crew chief) on the RF-4C Phantom's.

Welcome aboard from Ohio. Nice ride.

So how much attention does that Charger get in Germany?
Pretty car BTW, and your English is fine, and maybe better than mine.
Thank you all for the welcome!

There is a lot of attention for sure. Mostly positiv. Unfortunatley there are also those who are arguing about the allegedly negativ impact on the climate change (as everywhere else I think). Fun fact: A lot of people here confuse the Charger with a Mustang :)

@ckessel: Hefeweizen ist immer gut

Hello Chris:
Welcome to FBBO from Southern CA !!
Great looking Charger there, good luck with the projects on the list.
Keep the Mopar fever going and drive the heck out of it.

Nice looking car! We made two trips to Germany, to visit my wife’s family. One trip was to attend a 50th wedding anniversary. 43 of us took the cruise down the Danube to Budapest. On the way we road in a Volkswagen van at 140 Kpm. . Went to quite a few places on both trips.
Wonderful time wonderful Country!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back