• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Iowa

Outlawd

Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
Im not new to mopars but new to this club. I've had many mopar muscle cars over the years, we are a "mopar or no car" kind of family. My wife drives a 1968 Plymouth GTX and a tear around in a 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T. I hope to talk a little more on the R/T later and share the build story, she's a crazy fast 440 car with 871 blower pushing 1000 hp. she's pretty fresh yet so it's gonna be a long winter waiting to get her out again, gotta love them mopars!

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from Indiana. Pictures are appreciated on this site.

Im not new to mopars but new to this club. I've had many mopar muscle cars over the years, we are a "mopar or no car" kind of family. My wife drives a 1968 Plymouth GTX and a tear around in a 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T. I hope to talk a little more on the R/T later and share the build story, she's a crazy fast 440 car with 871 blower pushing 1000 hp. she's pretty fresh yet so it's gonna be a long winter waiting to get her out again, gotta love them mopars!
Welcome, glad to see another Iowan on here!

Ok guys here's a couple photos of our GTX and the RT motor.
20200209_153714.jpg
20190303_103044.jpg
20201017_130712.jpg
blown 440.jpg

Wow, that is nice.
Thank you. Alot of years of hard work and the true "blood sweat and tears" build. She caught fire when we were breaking in the cam. Of all things to worry about, you know, high pressure fuel and a rats nest of fuel lines feeding dual blower carbs, oil pressure, temps in motor and blower case temp, coolant lines and so on but who would have guessed the power steering to overheat and blow oil on hot headers and ignited the fluid plus the 42" fan set in front of car meant to help keep car cool blew the power steering fluid all over the car including some of the interior as the doors were open, then the fire extinguisher powder stuck to all the oil..... sad day after a year and a half of research and build time, I literally sat on a bucket and cried. After 2 weeks of heavy clean up and replacing some burnt wiring round 2 went perfect she fired up and sounded so beautiful and mean!! then we started the test and tuning. Tuning a blower motor is a long process and expensive burning VP110 race gas at 9 bucks a gallon!! Now she's tuned to perfection and a blast to drive, worth all the hard work but old man winter stopped my fun for now. Can't wait till spring!

Wow, that GTX makes my heart sing! Beautiful rides and a happy ending to the story too. Welcome aboard Mr. Outlawd! Don't hesitate to reach out if I can help with anything along the way.

Auto Transport Service
Back