• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Nebraska

Smithboys69

Local time
6:35 AM
Reaction score
Well I haven't taken time to post a hello as a new member so here it goes. Just wanting to take a moment to say hi to all the Mopar enthusiasts and people who either own or are restoring the classics. I currently own my one and only Mopar, my 69 Charger. Like many others I bought it not knowing much about it but over the years after digging through it piece by piece I have learned much more about it by doing things myself for restorations and by helping or tearing things apart, for someone else to redo for me. It's a time consuming and beyond words expensive hobby to partake in. Many years have gone by since I started it. Purchased as a drivable running car and full of bondo filler, I took the approach of if it's rusty we cut if off, and we did. Every nut and bolt has been off the car, every part gone through, checked for quality or replaced as new to make sure once things go together it's there for the long term this time. The car won't be a driver as I didn't expect this project to go this far and is kind of like the Mona Lisa to me. The farthest it has been after the body shop is a few roll outs of the garage to keep it clean and a few times on the trailer to a shop to get a few things done to it is all. That has been literally years! Hopefully it will turn a few heads when it's done is all I want. Many life changes have occurred along this journey and priorities have changed dramatically. Hopefully I may be able to finish this some day and be able to turn the key. Probably when I am in a retirement home LOL! I have posted a few pics of it in the garage forum (Charger) I invite anyone to take a look a little further at a few key pics. I have tons I have taken along the way. Far too many to post. Receipts stacked inches thick I don't ever want to tally up what I spent. I am sure many have been or are on this journey also. The best thing I have changed along the way is to not let this thing get the best of me and take priority over everything I do. I did that for a long time and was about all I talked about. Now I like to talk with people a lot more than I did before. Love the hobby not the thing :).

Last edited:
Welcome from the central coast of Cal.

IMG_4147.jpeg

Welcome to the group! Checked out the rest of your story & the pics in your Showcase Items/Photo Garage thread . . .

How Sweet It Is.jpg

We need some photos of said 69 Charger, here too

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from Alabama, I agree with not tallying everything up. On a few of mine, that would probably give me a heart attack.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Good luck with your '69 Charger project.

Well I haven't taken time to post a hello as a new member so here it goes. Just wanting to take a moment to say hi to all the Mopar enthusiasts and people who either own or are restoring the classics. I currently own my one and only Mopar, my 69 Charger. Like many others I bought it not knowing much about it but over the years after digging through it piece by piece I have learned much more about it by doing things myself for restorations and by helping or tearing things apart, for someone else to redo for me. It's a time consuming and beyond words expensive hobby to partake in. Many years have gone by since I started it. Purchased as a drivable running car and full of bondo filler, I took the approach of if it's rusty we cut if off, and we did. Every nut and bolt has been off the car, every part gone through, checked for quality or replaced as new to make sure once things go together it's there for the long term this time. The car won't be a driver as I didn't expect this project to go this far and is kind of like the Mona Lisa to me. The farthest it has been after the body shop is a few roll outs of the garage to keep it clean and a few times on the trailer to a shop to get a few things done to it is all. That has been literally years! Hopefully it will turn a few heads when it's done is all I want. Many life changes have occurred along this journey and priorities have changed dramatically. Hopefully I may be able to finish this some day and be able to turn the key. Probably when I am in a retirement home LOL! I have posted a few pics of it in the garage forum so I invite anyone to take a look a little further at a few key pics. I have tons I have taken along the way. Far too many to post. Receipts stacked inches thick I don't ever want to tally up what I spent. I am sure many have been or are on this journey also. The best thing I have changed along the way is to not let this thing get the best of me and take priority over everything I do. I did that for a long time and was about all I talked about. Now I like to talk with people a lot more than I did before. Love the hobby not the thing :).
Welcome from NJ!
IMG_4599.gif
IMG_3926.gif
IMG_3890.gif
IMG_3817.gif
IMG_3677.gif
IMG_3528.gif
IMG_3220.gif
IMG_3259.gif
IMG_3197.gif
IMG_3277.gif

Auto Transport Service