• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from PA!

welcome...... I been waste deep in a 70 V code for the last couple months

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! Photo's were requested and I've attached them including the first pic I took when I got my car in 1985! Because of life this project kept getting pushed back/postponed, etc, but then I have this really good friend (who is currently in the middle of a 67 Dart GTS resto) that has always been nagging/pestering/ragging me to resume this project. And I finally agreed that he was right. We've become each others nemesis' . . . he holds my feet to fire when I get lazy and I do the same to him. And we've made a pact that my car and his plum crazy 70 Charger will side by side at the 50th celebration at the Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle in 2020. It does need some body work to the front (which should be happening soon). I've got the K frame done/ready and just finished sprucing up the dash. Next is stripping/prepping the front fenders/hood and valance. I also attached pic's of my 70 Polara (383 2bbl w/AC) and I have a 78 D200 Adventurer that my Dad ordered specially and took delivery of in July 1978. It's all original with just over 72,000 miles now. The St. Regis is also an oddball with a 318 2bbl that does not have the Lean Burn. It also has every option available in 1980 but the power antenna and sunroof. Looking forward to having a resource for questions I know I'm going to have.

70 Charger001.jpg img011.jpg Full Rear Quarter.jpg Full Rear.jpg Passenger Trunk Floor.jpg DSCN2338.JPG DSCN2447.JPG Dash after.jpg DSCN2402.JPG 78 with the 15.jpg

It appears you are off to a great start with your project. Nice pics of your progress. Thanks for becoming a part of our group and you will find tons of answers too questions. :luvplace:
Bob :moparsmiley:

I have been to the 70 Charger Registry and registered both my car and my buddy's 70 Plum Crazy Charger. I'm kinda partial to the Burnt Orange also and I like the combo of the burnt orange interior with the woodgrain on the dash and console. What's odd is that I'm coded for the V21 blackout hood so I'll have a tri-color car with the white vinyl roof and white longitudinal stripes.

Thanks Rick! It's an all original 78 D200 (360 2bbl/Torqueflite/Spicer 4.10/tilt wheel). My father ordered it in the late spring of '78 to haul our slide-in truck camper. It did that until '93 when they got a Cummins. They titled it over to me in 2005 and right now it has just over 72,000 miles on the odometer.

Welcome aboard from NC. Very interesting color combo. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Hello! I'm liking that Charger!

Thanks! I'm kinda partial to it also. It's a project that has been lanquishing for a long time, but I've got an amazing friend who will not cut me any slack when it comes to getting this project done. And being that he already has his '70 Charger on the road will not accept any excuses for no work being done on mine. I'll post more pics as the restoration/renovation progresses.

Thanks Marpar . . . apologies for the late reply . . . sometimes life gets a little to busy. I have not checked our FCBO will do so this weekend. Thanks for the link . . . I just had the AC compressor in my 70 Polara convert replaced yesterday . . . old one was about 3 minutes from completely seizing up . . . air blows nice and cold now.

Auto Transport Service
Back