• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello From Pomona Ca

Mopar2u

Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
Greetings!

Getting re-started on my 1968 Charger project, and I need help right off the bat!

I need some help finding a good shop to take my 440 block to have it cleaned and prepped. The places I used to know are long gone, so any recommendations in the SoCal area would really help.

Little history on the car: I bought the Charger at LACR Speedway after watching it run a 15 second pass back in 1989. I saw the for sale sign, and had to have it! It then served as my reliable daily driver for 6 years.

It then sat on the street in front of my parents house for a few years (and my Dad even backed into it once!) until I got a house with a garage. Had big plans for a complete resto that never got passed the tear-down stage… At least its been garaged all this time. Thanks for reading and I plan to help on this site at least as much as I ask for it! (Time to clean out that trunk!)
IMG_7237.jpg

IMG_7233.jpg

Graves in Upland was a good shop back in the day. I used to send them a lot of work. There is a Mopar guy here in Rancho I heard was good but I haven't used him.
I would give Graves a call.
Welcome to the site.

Graves in Upland was a good shop back in the day. I used to send them a lot of work. There is a Mopar guy here in Rancho I heard was good but I haven't used him.
Welcome to the site.
Thanks! I will do that for sure.

Welcome from Alabama, nice patina on what looks like a solid car.

Best place in socal, in my opinion, is IMM, Indio Motor Machine. Two man shop, Brian and his dad,Fred, dyed in the wool Mopar lovers. They are always busy, and it is a drive, but.....
Brian is OU812 here. Lots of guys here and a body's have had work done there, me included.

Welcome to the site.
I had my 440 block machined at Graves, they did a great job. I'm guessing the guy in Rancho that is mentioned is Carlos at Submission Engines. Carlos owns the shop and is the sole engine builder. He specializes in Mopar engines but can build any motor. He built my 440, he's extremely reliable and trustworthy not to mention talented. Look him up, you won't be sorry.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras,
up sort of southeast of the fires

cool 68 Charger project

Auto Transport Service
Back