• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello From Seattle

Peter69

Local time
4:07 PM
Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

Thanks for the invite.

Based up here in Seattle WA with a 1970 Hemi Superbird I have had for 10 years. It's the car that was sold the Mecum Auction in 2006 for $420k and after the sale had some serious money spent on a restoration, keeping the interior original.

I then bought at Goodings auction in 2013 for $165k, with supposedly 17k miles from new - Vin RM23ROA166204. I know crazy lucky, but eh, don't hate me:)

I am originally from the UK, while I do have a couple of Muscle cars, 2008 Mustang GT 500 convertible and 1971 Mach one 351 Cleveland in lime green). My main focus is BMW Motorsport, both street and race, but as I say to people who visit when they see the Superbird "if you are going to have a Muscle car in the collection, it may as well be the most iconic"

I have two broadcast sheets with the car and have that broken down, also lots of invoices for the restoration after RK Collections in NC paid the $420k for it. I also have Judging sheets from 1990 and 1991 showing the name Larry Barnett at the Mopar Nationals where it came second in the Original class, anybody know/knew Larry?

The car now has 18,400 miles on it and while I only drive locally, you cant stop smiling when you drive it, it is just so much fun.

I would love to know if anybody on here knows anything about the car, mostly I would love to know if that mileage is correct.

Thanks and looking forward to learning more about this Mopar

Peter

IMG_1389.jpeg

Welcome from way south of you on the central coast of Cal. Have relatives in Mill Creek and Carlsborg.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario, Canada. That is an interesting story on your SuperBird. It sounds like some one took a HUGE bath on it!

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario, Canada. That is an interesting story on your SuperBird. It sounds like some one took a HUGE bath on it!
Yes, just glad I was the other side of that equation.

I had a Mopar guy come and see my collection a few years ago with a local club and he was agog, saying "OMG! we were talking about who must have stole that out of the Goodings auction".

At the time, I just smiled and carried on showing people around, I really should have dug deeper with him on who was talking about it.

Thanks for all the hellos guys

Welcome aboard from NJ. Sweet! Best of luck as you are on the absolute best car site around!

Welcome from PA. Thanks for sharing your story with us. You were sure in the right place at the right time. I followed RK Motors closely during that era, as the partner who was the former owner of the "Best of Show" dealership in Ohio, who merged with RK Motors, was a collector of high end Plymouth GTXs, my own area of interest. He got into hot water with an identity theft scandal, and I'm guessing the bath he took on your car was a result of the fall out. He was indicted in 2013.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back