• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from the Bakersfield Mopar Kiwi

Duane Jones

Local time
3:02 AM
Reaction score
Hello Im new to the group, I love chargers and all B and E bodys ,pics attached of my latest arrival a B5 blue 69 was 383 and auto,now 440 and a 833.We have 2 69s and a 70. My r/t 69 is 440 4peed and dana all orig ,never repainted a real time capsule from the local high desert (China lake afb) .Our 70 runs a lumpy 440 ,high stall and 727 and 8 3/4. Just a couple of questions...are the 383 and 440 blocks prone to cracking between freeze plugs along the drivers side as shown, on my replacement 440 block i swear it looks like the factory modified the casting to be thicker in that area?? Also both my 69s have a crack in the floor by the drivers inboard rear seat mount area is this common also? thanks in advance Duane Jones

20181203_141617_resized.jpg 20181204_101516_resized.jpg Resized_20181130_130013_9766.jpeg 20220123_172820.png 20220210_130135.png 20220213_092759.png

Welcome from North Florida !!!
Hell of a sweet collection :thumbsup:
Have not heard of block cracking around freeze plugs but I will defer to others here.
Charger guys here will help you out !

welcome and sweet herd of Mopars you have. I have never had a block crack there.

Welcome from Alabama, great collection.

Welcome to FBBO from the Sunny NorCal Sierras

IMHFO they are not really prone to it
(like the lil' thin cast Buick V6's are)

maybe if left sit in the winter outside in freezing conditions
with the wrong ratio or no anti-freeze
it can happen, usually the freeze plug pop 1st
that's why they are there
unless someone glues/epoxies them in or something stupid

is that cylinder sleeved ?
maybe it broke a piston or kicked a rod out, in it's earlier life,
(kicking a rod) usually happens much lower in the block,
the cylinder aren't usually where it happens
cracking the floor,
maybe if it had some serious power/torque & hooked up
But in my experience
it usually shows up by the top corners of the door openings
on the quarters, not on/in the floor

**** happens

Welcome from west of you by the big blue salty pond. I have an older bro in B-field. He works for a company building dirt irrigation reservoirs.

Welcome from Missouri!!

Duane, if you ever head west on the weekends to the central coast, let me know.

Auto Transport Service
Back