• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Wisconsin!

welcome.png
Dear Lord, y'all get some rust up there don't ya? Wow!

Welcome from southern Waukesha county. There’s a whole bunch of great people here.

View attachment 1040813
Dear Lord, y'all get some rust up there don't ya? Wow!
Man we do fur sure fur sure. Tell ya, at risk of hi-jacking this thread, restored two cars in my time; a pittance compared to a lot of you guys. Anyway, the first was my mother's coveted '72 Cutlass convert that wound its way through the family becoming a rust bucket on our winter roads. I restoed it with my dear-departed handy (and wiser) dad. Geez, by the time we got done with it, encountering more and MORE rust, most of the body was replaced I think the hood was about what remained. I spent days sand blasting the frame. A buddy thankfully a body guy helped a lot hanging new quarters on it. Made it a semi-clone 442. Could send ya photos before/after. Nice as it turned out, swore I'd never-ever do a rusted car like this again. The 2nd was my '63 Fury I got from Pasadena CA. Geez, what a diff! Cherry body! When I replaced the rear to a '65 Coronet, I had already got new brake lines assuming they needed replacing, well nada! The lines came off and were so nice I just put them back on. The underside - no skanky rust. Now back to the originally scheduled program...lol

Thanks Everyone! Glad to be a part of this community.

I plan to restore the Roadrunner to a fun driver and at least one of the Chargers to stock as much as possible. As many have eluded to, it will depend heavily on the amount of rust once I tear them apart. Both Chargers are pretty much 100% complete with full drivetrain and interior, so it seems like a shame to scrap, but if they're too far gone I may not have much choice.

Welcome from Florida, where the sunshine lets you work on cars all year long. Looks like you have a few projects to work on for the next few years. Keep us posted on your progress!

Welcome from Fond du Lac area. My 68 is really bad too, but the direction I am going it kinda helps me. Vans Auto in Waupun, WI is a great source for restoration parts. Duane and Tom are great to work with.

Welcome to the inner circle of Mopar wisdom! You have definitely come to the right place!!

Good to have another Wisconsin member - welcome!

Auto Transport Service
Back