• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello hello

70ACBEE

Local time
3:47 PM
Reaction score
Hello mopar people.

I'm lookin forward to trading posts with y'all.

I have a never ending project 68 Dart GTS that has been a project since highschool, but I'll save the A body chatter for another board.

I recently purchased a 1970 B5 Blue Super Bee 383 4spd car w/ A/C. :grin: It has white interior and a bucket seat.

It has a factory mopar hood tach (as per the last owner's word). The hole does look factory punched. Also, another oddity is that it does not have a pistol grip, It has the white ball hurts shifter. Any information on the existence of either of these options is greatly appreciated. Also, I'm interested in learning more about the A/C system since that's something new to me. If any of you guys have experience with 70 B body A/C setups or pictures I'd love to hear from you.

The engine is date coded but not original(I am told it was a dealer replacement block) but without proof who really knows. The rest of the options match the fender tag/vin and it is a very clean and solid car.

Hopefully I'll see some of you at Brice road in the years to come.

Welcome. Your Bee sounds pretty cool. The tach was available as part of the Hussle Stuff (I believe) but don't know that it was available from the factory. If you have a build sheet it should have some kind of code. I've never heard of another 70 that had a shifter other than the pistol grip. However, if this is a really, really early production car it might have had the 69 shifter installed if there weren't any pistol grips in the bin. BUT......the 69s had a brown "wood" ball and NOT a white one. Chances are better than not that someone has replaced the shifter handle at some point.

As far as the motor goes, a warranty block should have a relatively blank pad (under the distributor) with a "S" stamped on it for "SERVICE REPLACEMENT". The VIN pad would have been blank from the factory and was supposed to be stamped by the dealership when installed in a car, but they didn't always do that. Also there is a really good chance that the motor wouldn't be quite "date correct" for the car, having probably been cast/built some time after the original motor and the SPD of the car itself.

So what kind of info do you need on the A/C system?

:grin:welcome as the owner of a very long 12 yrs in the making project ,I feel your pain, but the bee sounds sweet, some pics would be cool.

White ball hurts shifter....classic!!!:rolling::rolling: only one bucket??:rolling: Welcome!!!

Ahh, I meant bench seat not "a bucket seat". That's what I get for posting without reading through it first. I knew I should have just put pictures up.

69Runner - Thanks for the good reference info. It has an April 1 date on the tags. I'm wondering if that was early enough for there to have been a ball installed in the car and the original ball knob was possibly replaced with this white one. I think either way I'll be shopping for a pistol grip. I also need to shop for a dual snorkel air cleaner, the one it has on it now is incorrect.

There is a sticker in the driver's side window that says next oil change AT 87000 miles. It's at 85,000 and the sticker is dated 1996. She hasn't been driven much in the last 10 years.

IMG_0841640x480.jpg

IMG_0842640x480.jpg

IMG_0844640x480.jpg

IMG_0833640x480.jpg

IMG_0837640x480.jpg

IMG_0838640x480.jpg

IMG_0839640x480.jpg

IMG_0832640x480.jpg

Not a factory shifter you have there. It is bent like an F body shifter, but they were round like everything else.....except the pistol grips. So someone has definitely changed that handle out at some point. Also, it would have had to have been built in (probably) August or maybe September of 69 to have had any chance of having the 69 shifter instead of a 70.

Auto Transport Service
Back