• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello I’m a new mopar nut

hotrodmike69

Local time
12:01 AM
Reaction score
Hello all I’m a new mopar junkie coming from the gm realm. I’m hoping to make a lot of friends here. Yea

Welcome to FBBO Mike!! Tell us about your ride(s), Mopar or otherwise, and add some pics of same if you will.

Welcome to FBBO Mike!! Tell us about your ride(s), Mopar or otherwise, and add some pics of same if you will.
Hey buddy nothing yet I’m needing advice on a 1967 plymouth satellite I found I can’t justify the $6000 asking price for its horrid condition it’s in. It does have the certi-card and fender tag but this car needs tons of help

Hey buddy nothing yet I’m needing advice on a 1967 plymouth satellite I found I can’t justify the $6000 asking price for its horrid condition it’s in. It does have the certi-card and fender tag but this car needs tons of help

8D807453-AA12-44CE-9A5E-B5D2F5E7A1D3.jpeg

Keep looking and be patient. I"ve seen way better and i mean WAY better for $6000. I would have a hard time paying $1k for that car.

I was thinking the same thing I researched part just to get it looking decent floor pan etc and the cost was well over $2000 just to make it look ok and that’s not counting body work paint etc

Greetings from northern Michigan.

That'd be quite the project to start from at $6k.

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome to the FBBO forum from western NY!

Welcome. That’s a pretty rough 67. the reproduction market for 66 and 67 is pretty limited compared to 68 and up. It’s usually a money pit to buy one that needs a lot of metal work and trim as it’s just not available at reasonable prices. Drivetrain stuff is OK and pretty interchangeable over the years - but that sheet metal, aluminum trim and interior trim if rough or missing will make miserable. Quarters and floors are available, maybe a few other misc pieces. Even when the trim is there but rough, straightening, polishing, replacing, detailing etc can cost twice what a reproduction piece should cost - were it available. NOS is basically dried up.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Welcome from NY.

A hard NO on that one.
The only thing worth anything are those trim pieces.
There is so much missing/wrong with it I wouldn't know where to start.
The front fenders are from a 66, it should have a console not a column shift, tons of stuff missing.

It's a $500 parts car if that.

Welcome aboard from Ohio. Nope on that one.

Looks like you've got junk in the trunk.:lol:. Welcome from the central coast of the PRC.

Thanks guys I think I’m gonna pass on that bucket of rust. I thought $6000 on the asking price was not justifiable. His selling point to me was it has the certi-card and fender tag. Then I asked him to justify his $6000 asking price all I got was “um um um well it’s a satellite and these are highly sought after in this particular model”. Then I had a “grocery list” of parts I found online and available just to get the car back in a minor decent shape and went over the figures with him he got angry and slammed the phone down in my ear. So thank god I didn’t make a purchase. That’s why I posted the pics on here

Welcome to FBBO

good luck in the quest for a nicer B-body MoPar

I was, still am sort of a GM guy too, but my 1st love is MoPar
lots of Camaros Chevelles Firebird Trans Ams etc.
I just don't own/race any GM muscle cars anymore
most my GM stuff was Drag Racing, it was far cheaper to build back then
& far more parts were available for GM, 20-30 years ago
find them everywhere
MoPar world is catching up thou, still expensive, but much of it is well worth it
IF you build it for yourself, do most of the work yourself or to taste etc.
& not for the resale market, unless you do all aspects yourself...

you can get upside down financially on these cars really easily
resale isn't everything if you love what you do & get into it deep

maybe try & find a 1/2 finished project, someone bailed/bailing on
most the body work & parts acquired, more complete, running & driving even better
all the lil' stuff will $1,000 you to death, trim, interior, gauges, suspension etc.
You'll be $$$ ahead of the game

North
36701377555_0d44590ae4_b.jpg

There are a lot of members here to help you find something much nicer than that.
Glad you didn't get that car !

Auto Transport Service
Back