• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help. 62 Plymouth Sport Fury Vert Fender Tag Decode needed.

TimS

Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking at a resto on a 62 Vert and can't seem to find a good tag decode for this car. Can anyone help?

1 2 5 6 7
0 3 1 0 9

ABC J L T Z
721 5 3 1 2

SO Number BDY TRM PNT
0525 0219 345 PP 265

Thanks !!!!

I've looked at that. You might be able to do a broadcast sheet with that but not a fender tag. That MyMopar listing doesn't link the alphabetical letters to numbers that show up on the tag.

Contact Jim Schild at the Auto review. Also have you submitted to Chrysler historical? Send them a copy of your title and $45 and they will certify your car and provide you with a copy of the IBM card as wess as list it in the registry. We are commencing restoration of a '62 Sport Fury also. Would love to exchange information/pix of the cars with you. Also, if you happen to come across one we need the upper hood molding which runs across the hood linking the fender moldings. A Yahoo image search will give you about 17 or so pages of reference pix.
I do know the PP is the exterior color code, Cherry Red. I'll check ours to be sure. Good luck on your resto.

Hi there. Without a build/broadcast sheet your options are limited. Chrysler Historical don't have all the records for 62. I know this as they didn't have mine, but may have yours. Decoding the letter/ number codes is known by few. AFAIK, Galen Govier is the man, but he has announced recently he's not taking on new work for a while. I have a copy of his "white book" that I will post later that provides some of the puzzle pieces....

Posted via Topify using Android

Hi There. Here are the images of the famous "white book". It is the only resource I have found of any value for decoding fender tags...

Auto Transport Service
Back