• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help, 65 Belvedere II Radio Installation

Paul Cotton

Local time
1:54 AM
Reaction score
Here's my problem.
I am putting a Retrosound radio in my 1965 Belvedere II. I am trying to figure out how many washers and nuts it takes to install the radio. In particular I am trying to figure out how many and in what position they are needed on the radio tuner shafts.
I have included a couple of photos to help with my question.
In the first photo, you can see the radio mounted in the back of the metal dash. I have washers and nuts on both the front and back of the dash holding in the radio as well as a metal strap the holds the back of the radio and secures to a bolt on the dash/firewall. My question is, do i need this nut and washer on the front of the dash, or should it be holding the radio and bezel together by being on the front of the radio cover/bezel.
My thinking is that the nuts and washers shown in the first photo need to be moved to the knob holes in the bezel/cover and thus bolt them together.
If anyone can shed any light on this it would be appreciated. I have a shop manual but it doesn’t appear to say how this is put back together.
cgSXGv1xSyOPHIRPiVoMPg.jpg
jXs+aBz7RPOL%5qBkDVc9g.jpg

Here's my problem.
I am putting a Retrosound radio in my 1965 Belvedere II. I am trying to figure out how many washers and nuts it takes to install the radio. In particular I am trying to figure out how many and in what position they are needed on the radio tuner shafts.
I have included a couple of photos to help with my question.
In the first photo, you can see the radio mounted in the back of the metal dash. I have washers and nuts on both the front and back of the dash holding in the radio as well as a metal strap the holds the back of the radio and secures to a bolt on the dash/firewall. My question is, do i need this nut and washer on the front of the dash, or should it be holding the radio and bezel together by being on the front of the radio cover/bezel.
My thinking is that the nuts and washers shown in the first photo need to be moved to the knob holes in the bezel/cover and thus bolt them together.
If anyone can shed any light on this it would be appreciated. I have a shop manual but it doesn’t appear to say how this is put back together.
View attachment 1058219 View attachment 1058220
The nuts need to be holding the radio and bezel in place! The ones on the back side of the dash is used to adjust the depth of the radio to the bezel!

Auto Transport Service
Back