• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help decode

fasfish

Local time
10:22 AM
Reaction score
My fender tag is missing the second line of numbers … I am looking to see what rear end / gear set my car has in it …. Why is the second line missing?
image.jpg

It's not missing, your car simply has very few options, all std equipment.
Y3 paint, black vinyl top, 440, auto trans, 8 3/4 rear, console, buckets, black interior. Very basic Charger R/T. Your build sheet will show the ratio which would be a 3.23 gear more than likely.

It's not missing, your car simply has very few options, all std equipment.
Y3 paint, black vinyl top, 440, auto trans, 8 3/4 rear, console, buckets, black interior. Very basic Charger R/T. Your build sheet will show the ratio which would be a 3.23 gear more than likely.
Not a Charger R/T, but a Coronet R/T.

Looks like 8 3/4" with sure grip and 10 " brakes. It should have disc brakes on the front to go with the 10" brakes on the rear.

It's a 71, so Charger R/T. Superbee is WM, I believe? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, you are correct. Sorry, I didn't even look at the year on his tag. So used to dealing with 68-70 models....

My fender tag is missing the second line of numbers … I am looking to see what rear end / gear set my car has in it …. Why is the second line missing?View attachment 1458566
Code 043 on the top line tells us the rear axle assembly. It tells us this car came with 3.23 gears and Sure Grip. 10" brakes.

Lynch Road plant tag coding is different than other plants. There may or may not be more codes or a 'second line' on Lynch Road tags.

As not all options are coded on a tag, it's impossible to know how 'basic' or 'loaded' a car is simply by looking at the tag.

Auto Transport Service
Back