• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help...Door latch Question???

vanrj1

Local time
4:26 AM
Reaction score
I can't get my passanger side door to latch 2 clicks. It will almost get there but no matter how I adjust the striker, forward, back it just wont get the second one. The door closes flush but not hitting second click.
Is there anything else to adjust?

Had the same thing happen on my 69 rr. Check inside your door by the handle. I had clip that came off one of the little rods. I couldn't open the door from the outside but after i put the clip back on where it was s'posed to i could open the door and it shut like it was supposed to. Hope that helps.

Had the same thing happen on my 69 rr. Check inside your door by the handle. I had clip that came off one of the little rods. I couldn't open the door from the outside but after i put the clip back on where it was s'posed to i could open the door and it shut like it was supposed to. Hope that helps.

I'll look closer, I just put a new door handle on the outside and that seems to be working fine. I have another latch I could try from a parts car i had. I may try swithing them.......Thanks

Still no luck, anyone have any other suggestions??

I had the same problem on one side. I pushed the white door( Teflon ) slider back further and put a shim in there and it shut fine. I cut a piece of 1/4 inch tubing slit it long ways and pushed Teflon back ( it is spring loaded ) and pushed it in. Don't know if this is your problem,but a start.

Was it shutting ok before you put the new door handle on the outside? Where did you get the new door handle?

I had the same problem on one side. I pushed the white door( Teflon ) slider back further and put a shim in there and it shut fine. I cut a piece of 1/4 inch tubing slit it long ways and pushed Teflon back ( it is spring loaded ) and pushed it in. Don't know if this is your problem,but a start.

Will check that out.. Thanks

Was it shutting ok before you put the new door handle on the outside? Where did you get the new door handle?

I think so but it was 7 years ago, door had been of tons of metal work. I might have even replaced the ddor. Can't really remember. Not sure where I got the handle either. To many parts to much time gone by.. I will continue working on it. Thanks

New weather stripping will be a bitch on closing doors. Try slamming it and let us know what happens.

New weather stripping will be a bitch on closing doors. Try slamming it and let us know what happens.

Yeah, it is tight but no cigar......I need to swith the latch when I get some time and see if that will work. I get it pushed all the way in but just wont get that second click..

Auto Transport Service
Back