• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help locating carb kit for Carter Thermoquad

Ron Ward

Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score
Hey, guys and gals,

Looking for a readily available and quality-made carburetor kit (absolutely NO Tomco crap!) for a Carter Thermoquad list number 9810S. I'm looking for something I can pick up at the local parts store (read: NAPA, O'Reilly's, Autozone, etc) for this carb. Unfortunately, this is an AFTERMARKET TQ carb (known as a SuperQuad) and can't be searched by application. Can any of you carburetor-type folks steer me towards a parts store that might have such a gem? I'd rather deal with a local source than have to deal with an online vendor for this item.

Thanks!

Ron

I think you want a 902-318A carter kit
search google for one
or try any speed shop they should be able to locate

I have found a couple of kits located locally, BWD 10416A, and GP Sorensen 96-246C, also the Floats from GP are 779-1726 and the mounting gasket from Fel-Pro is 60273. Now with that said, I used these for thermoquads for 73, by the number of yours I am guessing its a pretty late version from the 80's, so not 100% sure these kits will work.

Also, there are two sources on line that have individual parts and gaskets available, and I have purchased from both, they are Carbs Unlimited http://www.carburetion.com/Carter4TQ.htm, and QuadrajetParts.com http://quadrajetparts.com/carter-thermo-quad-carburetor-parts-c-299_158.html. I noticed however that their kits do not include the 9810s.

Hope this helps.

I was able to order a Walker kit from O'Reilly Auto Parts for about $35.00. It took a few days to arrive. My kit number is 15543C but my TQ is a different model. It is 850 cfm, if that makes any difference for you.

Auto Transport Service
Back