• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help needed after suspension rebuild. Did i miss these?

mquinn66

Local time
11:52 AM
Reaction score
I just got my Charger back on the road after a front end rebuild. I have a lound clunking noise when i hit bumps. My question is where do the bushings circled in the pic go? I did not use them as i thought they were for the pivot shaft and not needed because i pressed in new bushings that the pivot shat is pressed into. Do they go on the opposite end where the nut is?
20200619_174114.jpg

Those are lower control arm bushings that fit on the shafts in the picture. You said you replaced the bushings, so you don't need those.

The side the pivot shaft nuts go? It didnt seem like they fit the taper side of the pivot shaft.

Like stated, you don't need those, they are urethane lower control arm bushings, IMO they suck, you used to rubber bushings, good choice.. Your clunk is elsewhere...

Lower control arm bushings.
The non threaded end of the shaft in picture, get pressed into these,.
It will look like a WWII German granade.
Potatoes masher.
Then it gets pressed into lower control arm.

Look at the QA1 add to the right of your post on screen.

Good luck

If you took down drag link / idler arm for any reason make sure idler arm is torqued tight.

Auto Transport Service
Back