• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with 426 hemi kick down likage set up.

Car Man

Local time
3:52 AM
Reaction score
My problem is I had purchased throttle and kick down cables from lokar. The problem I have is when I apply the throttle it pulls but the kick down cable pulls also. I thought that they should move in opposite directions. Please advise Thanks pat

20230529_142923.jpg

The bracket that attaches to the rear carberator also seems a little short to get in line with the linkage.

20230710_115127.jpg

20230710_115105.jpg

The bracket that attaches to the rear carberator also seems a little short to get in line with the linkage.

View attachment 1492372

View attachment 1492373
Having shifting issues? Is the bottom one for the transmission? It looks too loose. Foot to the floor with the gas pedal should get you full travel on the transmission kickdown arm. If not it needs to be readjusted.

Looks to me that I need an additional linkage pieces.

Having shifting issues? Is the bottom one for the transmission? It looks too loose. Foot to the floor with the gas pedal should get you full travel on the transmission kickdown arm. If not it needs to be readjusted.
Yes you are correct. I can tighten up that cable.

If you open throttle and the Locar cable pulls. You mount the Locar cable to the rear of pressure control arm. So cable pulls all the to the rear at full throttle. Figuring the place so you have throttle pressure arm all the way to the rear at full you need to know where to place Locar cable on carb throttle arms. I'd have trans pressure arm to the rear and carbs at full throttle. Besure Locar cable work off rear carb. You might want a very light return spring on trans fhrottle pressure arm.

Last edited:
Did you already have the factory kickdown linkage installed and changed it to the Lokar?

The cables is opposite the mechanical linkage and pulls the pressure arm back from the rear of the transmission. Throttle travel should be wot and the lower cable pulls forward and moves the transmission lever back. Hope some pics help. Definitely a great improvement over the loose clanking rod systems.

IMG_0897.jpeg

IMG_0652.jpeg

IMG_0653.jpeg

IMG_0632.jpeg

IMG_0633.jpeg

IMG_0542.jpeg

IMG_1036.jpeg
IMG_1035.jpeg
IMG_1033.jpeg

This was the Bouchilon set I had on my hemi but have since replaced auto with TREMEC 5 spd.

The cables is opposite the mechanical linkage and pulls the pressure arm back from the rear of the transmission. Throttle travel should be wot and the lower cable pulls forward and moves the transmission lever back. Hope some pics help. Definitely a great improvement over the loose clanking rod systems.

View attachment 1492575

View attachment 1492576

View attachment 1492577

View attachment 1492578

View attachment 1492579

View attachment 1492580
Thank you for the proper set up. The pics really help.

Auto Transport Service
Back