• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help With ID splash guards and misc pieces

Stowe

Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
Hello,
In the process of putting my 66 back together. I didn't take it apart and I am trying to figure out where some splash shields go and help ID some parts. I have the splash shield kit . I need help with the location of the 2 large shields in the middle and the 2 thin shields in the top of the picture. Also need information on the location of the 2 larger rectangular shields and the 2 smaller shields with the 90* edge on them. Are there any gaskets that go onto the 2 large front shields. Are there any diagrams available for reference? Thanks
imagejpeg_0 (2).JPG
imagejpeg_0 (1).JPG

I've recently restored the front splash shields (fore and aft), hopefully I can help.

The two shield gaskets in the middle are installed on the top of the aft (long) shield. These are available as a solid gasket like yours or a 'C' type like mine. As you can see in my before and after photo, mine were originally the 'C' type, hence my choice. Those pieces also require the edge gasket which I don't see in your gasket set.

The gaskets on top of your set are installed on the fore (headlight guard) shields in the front fender area. I don't
see the metal splash shields in your photo.
IMG_20200927_141057.jpg
passenger before and after.jpg

Cheers! Tom

Last edited:
Thanks Tom,
Would you happen to have a picture of the metal splash shields you said was missing from the picture? Also, can you help me with the location of the metal shields circled in the picture. I don't see them in my manual. Thanks

imagejpeg_0 (3).JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Tom,
Would you happen to have a picture of the metal splash shields you said was missing from the picture? Also, can you help me with the location of the metal shields circled in the picture. I don't see them in my manual. Thanks

View attachment 1510929
The 2 top circled go on the top of the bumper brackets
The 2 lower ones bolt to the bottom of the frame rail by the strut rods.
I actually sent DMT the original format for the splash shield rubbers years ago.
See if I can get a pic of them on one of my parts cars

RemCharger is correct.

I recently restored the front bumper brackets. Here's pics.
IMG_20201011_155312.jpg
IMG_20201011_170337.jpg
20230110_180022.jpg

The fore (headlight) shields...before and after restoration. Installed in front area of fender.

IMG_20200915_171935 (2).jpg
20220503_200243.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the help and great work on the restored parts.

I've recently restored the front splash shields (fore and aft), hopefully I can help.

The two shield gaskets in the middle are installed on the top of the aft (long) shield. These are available as a solid gasket like yours or a 'C' type like mine. As you can see in my before and after photo, mine were originally the 'C' type, hence my choice. Those pieces also require the edge gasket which I don't see in your gasket set.

The gaskets on top of your set are installed on the fore (headlight guard) shields in the front fender area. I don't
see the metal splash shields in your photo.
View attachment 1510884View attachment 1510885

Cheers! Tom
Hello Tom,
Were did you source the edge gasket you mentioned above. I do not see it on any kit . Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back