• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi 572 run on 91 octane.

K-chai

Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
i'm about to buy creat hemi 572 engine for my car. The problem is i want to run it on the 91 octane,and the company that gonna build engine for me told me that 10:1 cr would be fine.
I'm gonna use aluminum block and head. Would it be ok with 10:1CR or i should reduce to 9.5:1
thank inadvance

You're gonna have a TON of torque. Not knowing anything about your fuel, I'd err on the side of caution. No details of the build are listed, and how reputable is your builder?

i'm chossing between indy and prestige motorsport any idea on both?. They are use mostly the same setting.

Screenshot_2015-10-18-01-23-26.jpg
the engine spec. anyway the best fuel i can find around my place is 91 octane

I have a 572 wedge. 11.5 car with aluminum heads. Will run on 91. A great one to talk to and build your engine is Hughes engines. Dave did a 493 for me years back that had 13.4 car and I raced it and street drove it for 6 years running on pump 93. It all goes by your camshaft and cranking compression. Call Dave at Hughes and talk with him. I am sure you will be supprized !

Mild 11:1 572 on 91 octane. 723 LB-FT and 781 HP.

Attachments

• Tim Hodge 572.jpg
    Tim Hodge 572.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 226
I can make an 8-1 engine ping itself to death just as good as I can make a 11-1 engine run on pump gas. There's a lot of things that come into play in making any engine run right but it's not hard to make a 10-1 engine run good on pump gas.

My understanding is that the more efficient HEMI chambers are less likely to detonate and can tolerate higher compression ratios than a wedge before knocking.

If I might ask, what are you looking to spend on that crate 572? Thanks.

History says not to deal direct with indy. Depending on your wallet,there are many engine builders that can give you what you want. But,as said it has a lot to do with the cam profile.
My 545 is 8:1:icon_mrgreen:

I can make an 8-1 engine ping itself to death just as good as I can make a 11-1 engine run on pump gas. There's a lot of things that come into play in making any engine run right but it's not hard to make a 10-1 engine run good on pump gas.

I've read this in a few places. How would the 8:1 ping itself to death? I have a base understanding of why higher octane is necessary for higher compression but I would like to learn more.

It's in the cam profile,cam can build cylinder pressure or bleed it off. my8:1 creates it's own creates it's own.

X2 on the 10-1, 823hp here.

Auto Transport Service
Back