• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hemi air cleaner

diemaker

Local time
6:23 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys anyone know where i can find a chrome hemi air cleaner for my 68 roadrunner?

I have tracked down the base plate but can't seem to find a repopped top portion

A parts wanted thread might attract more attention.

Is it Tom Widner from widner enterprises? Or LB enterprises? Or Widner Industries.... I’ve seen multiple names with some good and not so good reviews. I bought mine from him and did not have a problem.

Is it Tom Widner from widner enterprises? Or LB enterprises? Or Widner Industries.... I’ve seen multiple names with some good and not so good reviews. I bought mine from him and did not have a problem.

Yes, I used to be a dealer for his stuff. ( 340 exhaust heat shields ) and I never had a problem

They are on ebay all the time.

Man by the name of Tom Weber is / was the one making them. Tom is in MI.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/6000/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=chrome+hemi+air+cleaner
BEWARE. My friend ordered from him. Took 4 months to get it and could not dispute the charges... This is what he advertises as the picture and this is what he sent him. Where are the tie bars for the carb studs!! $500 for this piece of ****.. It looks worse in person..

advertised air cleaner.jpg photo 3 - Copy.JPG photo air cleaner (Custom).JPG photo 1 - Copy (Custom).JPG

Did he try contacting the seller to ask WTH is this about? Kind of hard to believe he wouldn't make such an obvious screw up good. But if not then I would be pissed too.

Did he try contacting the seller to ask WTH is this about? Kind of hard to believe he wouldn't make such an obvious screw up good. But if not then I would be pissed too.
Did not return his call or e-mail. Then when he tried the credit card route they said it too much time had passed to do anything about it. He did this, He sent it out and knew it. Picture says ALL one needs to know... My friend could have modified his original for about $30 and his time...

In his defense they don’t need the cross bars, looks like it was made for the big throat carbs. The top holds it in place anyway. My bet there’s more to the story than told.

In his defense they don’t need the cross bars, looks like it was made for the big throat carbs. The top holds it in place anyway. My bet there’s more to the story than told.
No more to the story. My friend ordered the air cleaner base for the bigger carbs which is correct, after that your wrong. He said it will look just like the one in the picture. Does that LOOK like the one in the picture?? Not to mention it would be a few weeks turned into 4 months... When called/e-mailed The guy kept telling him this is not his full time job, busy with his real job, does these on the side etc.. Those are the facts make them suite your needs however you like. The one pictured looks like a very nice part the one received not so much...

Last edited:
The picture is a stock base, know what you’re looking at. What he wrote is what you got, didn’t say anything about cross bars just made in USA of steel. But to your buddy’s defense the guy should have had a picture of the one he sells. The bars are not needed, the dome holds the base-filter in place. Looks like he modified an existing base like I did for mine. For $489 I wouldn’t expect more than he got. Be nice.

The picture is a stock base, know what you’re looking at. What he wrote is what you got, didn’t say anything about cross bars just made in USA of steel. But to your buddy’s defense the guy should have had a picture of the one he sells. The bars are not needed, the dome holds the base-filter in place. Looks like he modified an existing base like I did for mine. For $489 I wouldn’t expect more than he got. Be nice.

Why does that really matter since he called and asked KNOWING what he was looking at? My friend knew, that is EXACTLY why he asked since HE ALREADY HAD THAT ONE. So What part of "It will look exactly like picture" did you miss??? His answer was "Yes just with the bigger carb openings". Why not post a picture of what he ACTUALLY sent my friend since you OBVIOUSLY don't know what your looking at from his picture to the one he sent. You must be a relative or something cause your sure are grasping at ANYTHING to defend his deceitful ad, Crappy work, sellers own words and making ZERO sense while doin so. So your fine with the guy who sends pictures of this as what he is selling and talks about....
mopar-muscle-70-road-runner-lead-1.jpg

BUT sends this 3 1/2 Months later... LMAO :rofl:
jyOY1XlXI%2fAAAAAAAAAMY%2fqoC8xmlk2JA%2fs1600%2f70%2bRoad%2bRunner%2bBlue%2bRight%2bView%2bPhoto.jpg

Last edited:
It will look exactly like picture" Where does that say that in the eBay add? I must be over looking that. If he told your friend it was like the pic then the seller lied. Buyer beware. I’m NOT taking up for no one I like to hear both sides like in a court room.

Last edited:
All I can say on this is if an FBBO member posted an air cleaner for sale with picture #1 shown and picture #2 arrived in the mail....the members here would make sure he never sold another item, let alone made another post.

All I can say on this is if an FBBO member posted an air cleaner for sale with picture #1 shown and picture #2 arrived in the mail....the members here would make sure he never sold another item, let alone made another post.
Thanks Wayne.. Nice to see someone knows what went on...

It will look exactly like picture" Where does that say that in the eBay add? I must be over looking that. If he told your friend it was like the pic then the seller lied. Buyer beware. I’m NOT taking up for no one I like to hear both sides like in a court room.

BINGO. HE LIED and continues to LIE today!!! Does the ad say "picture is just for reference and what you will receive looks nothing like it".. Says STAMPED Steel not Stamped steel then cut apart spot welded steel pieces installed. Not worth responding anymore..

Last edited:
The picture is a stock base, know what you’re looking at.
This rings true.. So actually after looking at it, it's the right base pictured with the big carb openings. Here are the small AFB openings. Am I wrong??
s-l1600.jpg

Here is the one with the large openings..
s-l1600.jpg

I just had something similar happen.
I bought a dist cap. Based on the listing and what was shown was a tan cap for a dual point dist. I received a black cap

I asked the seller about it and he said the pic was a file photo .

SO,,,,,my response was then the listing said nothing of the kind should have said said such information . So I bought based off the photo .
had the listing stated it was a a file photo and I missed it, I would have gladly ate it. BUT,,,it didnt

He agreed and refunded my money.

Auto Transport Service
Back