• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi blocks

I really don't understand why people keep asking this question. Indy blocks have been available this whole time. They have the strongest design besides a KB block. Some have had issues but are repairable. Now that Wheatcraft's have taken over Indy problems will be taken care of as a priority. I have used several Indy blocks in builds Hemi and Wedge and they have performed great. If you want an iron block that's a different story.

Indy blocks have been available this whole time. They have the strongest design besides a KB block. Some have had issues but are repairable.
Are you taking into account the new aluminum Gen 2 Hemi block by Bill Mitchell?

If they have not changed the bottom end design, yes. The ones I have experience with have the bores for the sleeves machined so far down into the main web that they broke through or were paper thin. They could have corrected it on the current one but I would check it out carefully. The Indy blocks have a large radius machined in the corners of all main webs and they extend the full length of every main cap. There was a post on here with someone that had one that every main bulkhead was broken through on the original offering of World blocks. Bill Mitchell and World are the same for those unaware.

If they have not changed the bottom end design, yes. The ones I have experience with have the bores for the sleeves machined so far down into the main web that they broke through or were paper thin. They could have corrected it on the current one but I would check it out carefully. The Indy blocks have a large radius machined in the corners of all main webs and they extend the full length of every main cap. There was a post on here with someone that had one that every main bulkhead was broken through on the original offering of World blocks. Bill Mitchell and World are the same for those unaware.
That must’ve been very early on as I’ve never encountered this in all the World Products/BMP blocks I’ve used. My current one has made 1250whp and should see 1500whp this year. We’ll see if it holds.

Are you taking into account the new aluminum Gen 2 Hemi block by Bill Mitchell?
If they have not changed the bottom end design, yes. The ones I have experience with have the bores for the sleeves machined so far down into the main web that they broke through or were paper thin. They could have corrected it on the current one but I would check it out carefully.
I honestly believe that if you called Bill and asked about that specific issue, he would know if they made any changes.
I don't know if you can tell or guess from seeing a picture, but this is supposed to be the new Hemi Gen 2 Bill Mitchell block:
IMG_1559(1)(1).jpg
IMG_1560(1)(1).jpg
IMG_1558(1)(1).jpg

Still looks the same. See the large relieved area above the main web. When I have a chance I will post a pic of an Indy bottom end.

Auto Transport Service
Back