• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi Hauler gets a ramp body

We’ve got another one……… :thumbsup:
IMG_3101.png

I should add, once it got down to brass tacks, they are making the body 21' instead of 19' so everything is in proportion and the load angle isn't to steep.

Last edited:
Very cool project! I'd like to do that with my 69 D300 one day. The subject of the hood was mentioned earlier in the thread, and I wanted to share some insight on it. in 1968, they went to the new style grill that carried over into 1969. The 1968 trucks had the ribbed style hoods like the 67 and prior years, but the hood lip that is above the grill was flat, it did not have the dip down in the middle like 67 and earlier. 68 is a one year only hood. In 1969, they went to a bulge type hood that lost the ribs. My 69 actually has a 68 hood on it currently. Got to get my 69 hood patched in a few places, painted and put on it.

MicrosoftTeams-image (63).jpg

I’m aware of the hood/grille differences, but there were differences between the lighter chassis like yours and the bigger 600/700 chassis, for instance in ‘69 the bigger trucks no longer had parking/turn signal lamps in the grille like yours does.

I guess what I shoulda' said it's possible there was some carryover parts on the larger trucks, but it's probably the wrong hood, but we're not going to change it, plus it lets extra cool air in!
:lol:

Last edited:
I’m aware of the hood/grille differences, but there were differences between the lighter chassis like yours and the bigger 600/700 chassis, for instance in ‘69 the bigger trucks no longer had parking/turn signal lamps in the grille like yours does.

I guess what I shoulda' said it's possible there was some carryover parts on the larger trucks, but it's probably the wrong hood, but we're not going to change it, plus it lets extra cool air in!
:lol:

I think you're right about the carry over with larger trucks and it may be the case with my 1 ton as well. My dad bought this truck in 1985 and it had a 68 hood on it then, and the truck was bought new in our hometown. He recalls always seeing it with a 68 hood on it. We had to replace the hood that was on it in the mid 90s with another 68 hood due to it being damaged. That is why the hood that is currently on the truck has the custom trim on the sides of it. Regardless, I enjoy seeing posts on these trucks as there aren't many of them around and it's great to see people making cool rigs out of them!

Auto Transport Service
Back