• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi Hauler gets a ramp body

That is sharp. Never thought a ramp truck could have good lines, but yours nails it. Great stance.

IMG_5558.jpeg

When do we get to see pics with a car on the ramp?
I see a middle incline on the ramp, was that intended from the start, or added as a clearance requirement?
What is the registered GVW?
No air brakes, or air over hydraulic?
Is the ramp robust enough so you can tow another car on a trailer?
I like the flavor of the build.:thumbsup:

I've got a similar conversion project going with a 40' school bus, being modified for a rear internal car ramp, and 23' of forward RV living space.

When do we get to see pics with a car on the ramp?
I see a middle incline on the ramp, was that intended from the start, or added as a clearance requirement?
What is the registered GVW?
No air brakes, or air over hydraulic?
Is the ramp robust enough so you can tow another car on a trailer?
I like the flavor of the build.:thumbsup:

I've got a similar conversion project going with a 40' school bus, being modified for a rear internal car ramp, and 23' of forward RV living space.
It'll be awhile before a car will be on it, it still has to be finished, painted, shipped home and cars to come out of storage.
The deck is called a "double break" an option I picked from the start.
truck is registered as a non commercial antique vehicle, no stated gvw, although the chassis gvw is 33,000, no air brakes, this system, 4 disk, is quite common in mid range trucks, and yes, it has a receiver style hitch fully capable of towing a loaded trailer.

It'll be awhile before a car will be on it, it still has to be finished, painted, shipped home and cars to come out of storage.
The deck is called a "double break" an option I picked from the start.
truck is registered as a non commercial antique vehicle, no stated gvw, although the chassis gvw is 33,000, no air brakes, this system, 4 disk, is quite common in mid range trucks, and yes, it has a receiver style hitch fully capable of towing a loaded trailer.
What qualifies it as a non-commercial antique vehicle?
Do you know if that allows its use in states that do not have such a designation?
It is a neat set-up BTW.

It's age and the fact it's not engaged in intrastate or interstate commerce.
As for as going to other states, I don't think we would have problem, it's pretty obvious it's a collector/show type vehicle.
When it had the old body on it, we never got a second glance when pulling a trailer from law enforcement.

I really should have just built something like this and not spent all the money on my car to make it drive...
Not going to lie...I'm jealous...

That's turning out very nicely.

It's age and the fact it's not engaged in intrastate or interstate commerce.
As for as going to other states, I don't think we would have problem, it's pretty obvious it's a collector/show type vehicle.
When it had the old body on it, we never got a second glance when pulling a trailer from law enforcement.
In Florida they define everything over 26K except for an RV, (they use the manufacturer vehicle sticker weight, and not the registered weight to make that determination) as automatically a commercial vehicle. They do have an exemption of commercial use when transporting to a related car show, non paying race, etc, but you still must register it first as a commercial vehicle.
Florida is not as free as it is promoted.

Keep in mind, this is registered as a '68 d600, way below the 33,000 gvw the chassis is rated for.

Looking forward to seeing it done, Jeff! :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back