• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi hood scoop

Angleiron2

Local time
4:06 AM
Reaction score
When I bought my project 66 Coronet 500 it already had a hole cut in the hood , but no scoop, as it worked out it does need a scoop anyway.I ordered a 67 Hemi hood scoop from AAR. What I need to know is how far from the rear edge of the hood to mount the new hood scoop. I looked at a few photos and it looks like, about 3 inches, is that about right?

Just received my AAR hood and scoop mine is also 66 Coronet. This is a inch and a half.

20210430_170538.jpg

looks like it's almost all the way back on the hood on
Butch Leal's R/T S/S California Flash super stocker car
67 Coronet RT SS Butch Leal California Flash #1.jpg

67 Coronet RT SS Butch Leal California Flash #2.jpg

this below might show it the best
67 Coronet RT SS Butch Leal California Flash #3.jpg

Smoken Joes too
67 Coronet SS Smokin Joe (color) Lenox Dodge.jpg

Dick Landy's 67 R/T HT w/Hemi scoop
67 Coronet RT HT WO23 #1 Dick Landy front.jpg

Dick Landy's R/T
67 Coronet RT HT WO23 & 68 Dart L023 Dick Landy at Riverside.jpg

Should be all the way back, as seen in the previous post, but I moved mine a smidgen forward just the same.
IMGP5001.jpg

IMGP5003.jpg

Needs to be all the way back on 66-67.
64- 65 is all the way back lip also.

Max wedge is about 3/4 off back of lip of hood.

Last edited:
The 67 RO & WO HEMI scoops sits clear to the rear of the hood. The 64-65 HEMI scoops also go clear to the rear of the hood. I have been selling these scoops since 1993 and have a warranty for blow offs and cracking , and NO other manufacture can say that. I am around these original cars on a original basis. You can put the scoops anywhere you like but there is only one correct place.

The 67 RO & WO HEMI scoops sits clear to the rear of the hood. The 64-65 HEMI scoops also go clear to the rear of the hood. I have been selling these scoops since 1993 and have a warranty for blow offs and cracking , and NO other manufacture can say that. I am around these original cars on a original basis. You can put the scoops anywhere you like but there is only one correct place.

Glassman
I have some questions for you about your WO23 scoops
I tried to start a private conversation
but your inbox is full

Glassman
I have some questions for you about your WO23 scoops
I tried to start a private conversation
but your inbox is full
When I click into your page , it says error and I cannot contact you. Site has a glitch. I cannot give you my phone number per site rules and regulations. But if you ask me for it , I can give it to you. We must follow rules.

When I click into your page , it says error and I cannot contact you. Site has a glitch. I cannot give you my phone number per site rules and regulations. But if you ask me for it , I can give it to you. We must follow rules.
please give it to me
per the rules of course

Auto Transport Service
Back