• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HEMI ID ?????s

dodgepaul

Local time
8:18 AM
Reaction score
Went to look at a 426 Hemi tonight for a '69 roadrunner of mine. I'm not having much luck figuring out which heads these are? Also IDing the block. World products? Mega? Other?
Anyone recognize these? or tell me what to look for to find the answers? Motor runs well, dynos 550ish.
With so many perceived problems with some of the aftermarket blocks I'd love some help from those that know, what heads or block these are. Thanks in advance

20221201_190222.jpg

20221201_190325.jpg

20221201_190320.jpg

20221201_190313.jpg

After googling a bunch of megablock engines, they all seem to have that triangle with the M in the middle that is on your block next to the casting numbers. I am no expert by any means but I just figured I'd look and see what I could find on the subject.

The block is a Mopar Performance piece, I think they brought them out in 1990 or so. IMO they're great because they look almost original. I've had 3 of them and only problem I had was one didn't have the drivers side oil galley fully drilled so that cost me $1k at the machine shop (unusual that it got out I imagine). I can't help you on the heads but maybe MP aftermarket aluminum? If so some of them drop seats. Norris rockers have a good rep.
Hmm, maybe those are Stage V heads in which case you'd be in great shape. Any end views of the heads?

The block is a Mopar Performance piece, I think they brought them out in 1990 or so. IMO they're great because they look almost original. I've had 3 of them and only problem I had was one didn't have the drivers side oil galley fully drilled so that cost me $1k at the machine shop (unusual that it got out I imagine). I can't help you on the heads but maybe MP aftermarket aluminum? If so some of them drop seats. Norris rockers have a good rep.
Hmm, maybe those are Stage V heads in which case you'd be in great shape. Any end views of the heads?
I was told on another board your guesstimate is right, they are early stage V heads.
Thanks for the info from personal experience on the block. It dynos 550ish as is. Has low low miles. So should work well for me. Just wanted to be sure where I'm starting from before I write the check. Thanks for your help

After googling a bunch of megablock engines, they all seem to have that triangle with the M in the middle that is on your block next to the casting numbers. I am no expert by any means but I just figured I'd look and see what I could find on the subject.
I tried the same but didn't pickup on the triangle m identification. I think your right. The consensus from another board was mega block as well. Thanks for your help

need help also my block looks very similar
i was told it is a siamese block ? have not pulled freeze plugs yet
also lifter area has been altered whats up ? is it for roller lifter clearances?
thanks guys

DSCF5128.JPG

DSCF5129.JPG

DSCF5125.JPG

DSCF5132.JPG

Yes, those are Mopar Mega blocks. I have the same one. No issues with the block I have.

good to hear - but what is going on in the lifter bore area looks like it has been modified ?? i have not seen this modification on other blocks have not had block to machine shop or to any gear head friends so i need to know what is going on with lifter bore area any harm with standard hydrolic lifters for street use
thanks
steve

I am confused about the heads? That casting data looks like stock street head info. CWC CWC2. Date code looks like DEC65. They are aluminum? Could they be super stock version?

Auto Transport Service
Back