• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi identification question

HStoffICC

Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
We got a pretty special B-body in at work, a 1966 Coronet Hemi. The fender tag shows it to be a true factory Hemi car and it's claimed to be Govier certified. My general manager claims to have owned the car at one point, found the original block and had it all re-done before selling it years ago. He tends to exaggerate quite a bit. Anyways, I've been doing my own searching over the block and it appears that the casting number is correct. I can't get a look at the year of the casting date, just the month and day, January 18th. I did find this stamping on the block though, I was hoping someone may be able to identify what it means.

20220414_153234.jpg 20220414_124240.jpg 20220414_124317.jpg

yep they have a front pad for sure same location as 440. drivers side front valley rail next to intake

Well there it was indeed, staring me right in the face the whole time, ha ha! Thanks Beekeeper! Think it appears legitimate?

20220414_170111.jpg 20220414_170122.jpg

It was assembled and is stamped for the 66’ model year so there’s a good chance it’s legit. The assemble date needs to be just prior to the assembly date of the car

Got a picture of fender tag to see scheduled production date? That would be a check to see if engine was assembled before scheduled production date. The block cast date 1-16? 66? the BH kinda proves its a 66 block.

And a red with red interior car even. Very nice.
The vin isnt by chance WP23H61237256

My Satellite was the SBD of the day before

fender-tag (2).jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back