• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi positive battery cable

Bird 426

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:14 AM
Reaction score
Just got a positive battery cable for a '69 Hemi 4-speed. This was a race car and I am moving the battery from the trunk back to the engine bay. I haven't cut the plastic package open, but looking inside, it appears to have a connector for the reverse switch at the trans? I already bought the 4-speed reverse lamp switch. Now I am confused, what am I looking at?

20240126_200104.jpg

The trans wiring as well as oil sender writing is built in the bat cable on hemi cars

Okay, got it. I will just return my separate trans harness.
Thank you for the information!

Just got a positive battery cable for a '69 Hemi 4-speed. This was a race car and I am moving the battery from the trunk back to the engine bay. I haven't cut the plastic package open, but looking inside, it appears to have a connector for the reverse switch at the trans? I already bought the 4-speed reverse lamp switch. Now I am confused, what am I looking at?

View attachment 1598849
Where did you buy the cable and are you happy with it? Thanks

Mega Parts, it's an M&H harness, but if you have trouble getting it, go to Evans. Hang on to your wallet, it's the 2nd most expensive harness in the car! The reverse light harness that is built in, does not have a plastic holder for the 2 wires that plug into the wiper harness at the bulkhead connector. Evans answered my question on that, remove the 2 wires from the wiper harness connector and plug the 2 reverse light wires directly into the bulkhead connector in their respective place.

20240303_165948.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back