• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi scoop location?

joesnow

Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
Just got a '65 scoop for my Belv . Where does it go actautly? Would like it to look in the stock location.
thanks.

About 5/8 from the back of the hodd, center it up and mount that bad boy.

Mopars vary- it depends what they felt like doing at the factory that day especially on low production cars like early hemi cars. The hemi scoop has been seen on original cars from flush with the back of the hood to 3/4" from the edge. Mine is mounted about a quarter inch from the back but it's not factory.

Sorry, my bad. I thought mine was 5/8 from the back of the scoop to the back of the hood, wrong. I measured it just now, it's more like 3/4. If you go too far forward, you'll run into problems with the bracing on the underside of the hood. Don't go 3 inches, you'll be kicking yourself in the rear forever. I also heard, as HitIt said, flush from the back edge of the hood.

On the hood.:grin:

Everyone's a comedian:rolling::rolling::rolling:

All right guys;time to research those old magazines(I will try too) and find pics for this man. Which will all show scoops in different locations which will further confuse the issue-as well as us!:tongueflap::tongueflap::tongueflap:

Last edited:
All right guys;time to research those old magazines(I will try to) and find pics for this man. Which will all show scoops in different locations which will further confuse the issue-as well as us!:tongueflap::tongueflap::tongueflap:

Sweet! Gotta love confusion. :yes:

The max wedge scoop could be 3" from the back. Maybe that's what he was thinking.

actually theres a nice post on the 1962 to 1965 mopar or no car website under the restoration and tech section it says 65 hemi hood scoop installation it shows some nice photos and information on doing this job,and the space between the rear edge of the scoop and the hood should never exceed 1/4 of an inch and thats where i put mine down at and i think it looks exactly how it should look to be correct go over there and check it out.

actually theres a nice post on the 1962 to 1965 mopar or no car website under the restoration and tech section it says 65 hemi hood scoop installation it shows some nice photos and information on doing this job,and the space between the rear edge of the scoop and the hood should never exceed 1/4 of an inch and thats where i put mine down at and i think it looks exactly how it should look to be correct go over there and check it out.

Can't find it can ya throw up a link?:edgy:

its a 1/4 from the back on a 65 hemi, its 3" on a max wedge
63PLYMOUTH65DODGEA99068HEMIROADR-11.jpg

63PLYMOUTH65DODGEA99068HEMIROADR-14.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back