• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hemi scoop

benno440

Local time
7:03 PM
Reaction score
hey guys just putting a hemi hood scoop on my 68 charger, i have seen pics of the little struts at the intake side from bonnet to scoop up,

sorry i am not sure of the way to explain it but i am sure you have seen it, does anyone know a good way to make these? or if you can buy them?

You can use brake tubing, a washer at either end and a long threaded stainless machine screw, that's what I have done in the past

oh yeh nice i have a heap of left over stainless brake tubing its polished as well, i will give this a go thanks for the info

db_BSD_RENIOUN_CARSHOW__53_1.jpg

here's how i did mine on my coronet. used stainless bolts and a piece of polished tubing from the store. has held up very good. been on car for about 6 years know. hope this helps. mike

Mines all one piece glass hood with the Hemi scoop.... I left a center section for support.... I wasn't sure how I would like it, and figured that if I didn't like it or got tired of it, I could always finish the job and remove it all together adding the posts....View attachment IMAG1168.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back