• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi Transmission is back

Hemi2Much

Local time
10:34 AM
Reaction score
Dropped it off 10 months ago and got it back yesterday. The transmission was pretty rough inside and had several parts seized up and pitted. Pretty much everything inside the transmission had to be replaced. but they were able to save the case for me. I told them, I really wanted to keep the original transmission to the car. New torque converter to match.
Big thanks to PTC for the help.
processed-102df14b-3b73-4ba3-a7ab-098851cb30e7_LGkfzajK.jpeg
processed-7c170f6d-e31c-458f-887a-7cf3969f95ec_PLeAgo7i.jpeg
processed-49f48492-3809-430d-b55f-3f1aeba90aee_1di9rDbC.jpeg

Last edited:
Dropped it off 10 months ago and got it back yesterday. The transmission was pretty rough inside and had several parts seized up and pitted. Pretty much everything inside the transmission had to be replaced. but they were able to save the case for me. I told them, I really wanted to keep the original transmission to the car.
Big thanks to PTC for the help.
New torque cView attachment 1347642onverter View attachment 1347641to match. View attachment 1347639
Who painted it?

Has anyone ever used the 47RE / 48RE trans pan on a 727 Torqueflite?
It's supposed to give 3 extra quarts of fluid capacity. Thinking about doing it but I'm not sure if you use a stock 727 filter.

It's supposed to give 3 extra quarts of fluid capacity. Thinking about doing it but I'm not sure if you use a stock 727 filter.
or

are needed if you're adding volume Otherwise you aren't taking advantage of the extra volume.
I am adding this one

Here are the rest:

I have the pan from the RE series on mine. You'll need a spacer for the filter. That can be had through A&A Trans or some other outlets. The RH pan is the same depth as the MP deep pan package if memory serves me correctly. I seem to recall the RH adds 2qts and the RE 4qts over the factory pan. It would be a good idea to start with the factory fill and add fluid as you get it cycled though, going through all ranges P,R,N,D,2,1 several times then check your level in neutral and add from there. Cycle through the ranges again then re-check. I got my RE pan as a freebie from a friend who owns a Dodge/Cummins specialty shop. He had quite a few oe pans there from people upgrading to the double deep cast aluminum pans by MagHytec. One thing that neither the RH or RE pan has is a drain plug. The MP pan does. Easy add on and helps at service time so you can alleviate getting an ATF bath at service time. If you come across a 904 trans for other projects, you can do a similar pan upgrade with the 42RH or 42RE pan.

Auto Transport Service
Back