• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Her Name?

Thats one of the coolest story's i ever heard.. license plate with that on it when done might someday bring out the story behind it, never know..

Thanks Ron, I did have some fun doing research on it. Actually have the guys name that was racing it in the mid to late seventies at Gator Dragstrip in Jacksonville, but have not been able to find any contact info on him. Talked to a handfull of people that knew the car from back in the day. Full story can be seen the the resto thread or just click on my albums for lots of pics of the beginning of that project. I didn't start the thread until I was already well into the resto and judging from the number of hits on the thread compared to the number of views on my albums, not everyone has seen the albums.

After some deliberation,the Sport Fury was named "Sabrina". Probably because I've still got a crush on Kate Jackson:love4: and always will,and her character's name on "Charlie's Angels" was Sabrina. So there.

To be honest i debated as to ask this but im glad now, what the unique thing about it all is how the names of some come about, thats like everything with these cars, the story's behind them, some funny some not but all have there story that i know. So many years ago they were just cars, we drove them seeing them on the roads was the norm, leaves started turning we knew it was time to check the anti-freeze and get the snow tires out, just cars, now we get them ready for hibernation, Work on them, talk about them and wait for spring to come so we can enjoy them again.

Well Ron you know the name of my car 68 RR is B_I_T_C_H, because I'm under her...LOL... My 99 4x4 Dakota is just Greeny...

Budnicks, yes sir i knew the name of your Runner, BUT didn't know about Greeny! thanks..

I think every vehicle I've owned has had a name. The first was a Dodge Colt that my brother wrecked and my dad put back together. We called it the Junkyard Frog because it started out green. The second was a Toyota Corona we named Lambogreenie. Again because it was a puke green. Then came 81 Camaro we named Flash. My first police car I named Jesabel because it was a bitch from day one. My 68 4-door Satellite we simply call My girl.

Auto Transport Service
Back