• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here is an excellent interview with Mopar racer Paul Rossi

Ragnar S

Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
It is very informative and full of historical facts:

Ragnar in Iceland

I remember back in the 80’s when he ran a factory 440 Six Pack Challenger in S/S or S/E. It always left with the wheels in the air!

I'm still watching & I could listen to Paul Rossi forever...

love the stories/facts of the early stuff & secrets

I race his old 80 Aspen currently in NHRA superstock Nationally.
He hung out and advised us at Winternationals this year and advised
us. My son and I both got down to last 4 cars in Stock and Superstock.

John, maybe you guys should bring him in as part of the team?

Were his words helpful, or was it just a good weekend? You and Jon do that from time to time. Like the Sonoma weekend when Jon was in both finals. That was great.

Paul is having a new car built locally in So.Cal. and is involved in the new " Direct Connection" revival.
Still a bundle of energy. He has always used a built Torque-flite. His company was Rossi Racing Transmissions.
He got those wheels up launches with his own technique. The Seventies is where he made his track reputation.
He was at our "Mopars in May" car show last month.

John, maybe you guys should bring him in as part of the team?

Were his words helpful, or was it just a good weekend? You and Jon do that from time to time. Like the Sonoma weekend when Jon was in both finals. That was great.
His advice was very helpful and I learned a lot of info from him.
Much of it very Secret Squirrel!

I am delivering to him as new custon built by us 24' Enclosed trailer
by my son's Company = BoulderCityTrailers.com. He is currently sanding
and preparing his Challenger body in 105 degree heat @ 80 years old all by
himself. I wish I had 1/2 the motivation in my Mid 70's!!

Man,...What a Great, informative & Hilarious interview session with Unbelievable inside hightest S/S class level stories. Very Special....Very lucky smart guy !!!

He looks to be in his 50's, but it seems to be a fairly recent interview.
I gotta get some of that hair dye.

He is to have that car at Carlisle so gotta get on it. 2 weeks from today.
At 80 years old I wish him well and good health. Not too good to be busting *** at that age in hot weather.

i don’t know when this photo was taken, but look aththose fingernails, he’s been working on something.

67F51435-E72C-4F8B-ADB3-3BF565EF5861.jpeg

Last edited:
Like the man said 'bout rear suspension .....I got my 1st pair of 002 & 003's & a snubber in '72,. & been all I've needed for good hookin ..

You can’t base anything on that Rossi challenger race car, it was way ahead of its time and more than 50% weijpght on the rear.

NHRA told him not to bring it back for super stock anymore.

Auto Transport Service
Back