• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi from Finland

Wow! What a warm welcome! So many replies and lot’s of love here. Here comes the pics. Originally the car is a green 1973 Charger SE with a 400 big block. The previous owner increased the bore to a 440 and rebuilt the engine. The current paint it rubbish and there is some rust so we are doing a full repaint. We are going somewhat custom on this one as it is a late granny model and already worked on so no restoration to original condition is possible any more. We are painting our baby high impact bright red and adding a black 1971 style vinyl top to mach the black opera windows (not a huge fan of the original rounded half vinyl). We will also paint the bumbers red like a 1971 R/T. We will go for a slightly racing look with steel wheels and hubcaps and all. Here is the original car, some wip and a mockup of the final idea.
D6F17DF4-DCAF-407A-BD24-34672DB7042E.jpeg

F819347F-C3CF-42BD-8410-431196D9D32F.jpeg

E37B2E37-AAF8-4C37-AA83-CAD4DCFC22CE.jpeg
0E3EDAB2-CABC-4D7F-B83F-C0FAB50FA280.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like you have a great plan for it. I really like the full vinyl top idea. The underside sure is in nice shape.

Last edited:
Aren’t you guys one of the astute countries that nominated President Trump for a Nobel? All I can say is welcome to FBBO from SoCal

Hi. Welcome from Canada.

I visited a fellow Mopar enthusiast in Helsinki back in 1982. Can't remember his full name now - Phillip ?? His dad was English and his mom was Finnish. Beautiful country. Loved Uspenski Cathedral.

Hi. Welcome from Canada.

I visited a fellow Mopar enthusiast in Helsinki back in 1982. Can't remember his full name now - Phillip ?? His dad was English and his mom was Finnish. Beautiful country. Loved Uspenski Cathedral.

Thanks! Uspenski is gorgeous. I was two at the time but good to hear that the mopar scene was present already then :)

Auto Transport Service
Back