• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

High beams not working?

Superbee069

Local time
9:13 PM
Reaction score
Been working on a 69 charger... low beams work but when you flip on high beams all the lights go out.... I tried a working dimmer switch and that did nothing... I checked two grounds to the left and right of the radiator if that's makes sense... also when when the turn signal is on it seems to be robbing power from the headlight as in it flickers very very slightly.... what else should I check? Any help is appreciated very new to this kinda stuff

Try a new headlight bulb or at least test for voltage at the connector... If the high beams were on when the voltage spiked it could take out all four bulbs.... It happened to me accept it took out the low beams.... I used it as a good excuse to upgrade to Hella E code bulbs..

Do you have the ground strap from the back of the block to the firewall installed?

I'm not sure do u think that could be the issue? It had a bunch of things wrong with it when we got it so I wouldn't be suprised

Perhaps a bad high beam foot pedal switch?

Double check all your grounds. A bulb element is just high resistance short to ground. Not sure if can word this correctly but if a ground potential is marginal, associated bulbs will pull the ground from any accessible path such as another bulb element. It usually manifests itself in some unusual acting light functions.

Auto Transport Service
Back