• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

high mount suspension

topfuel_gtx

Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys,

have you the solution to go from low rear to a high rear.

longer shocks , shackles or leafs ? thx

Used-1968-Plymouth-GTX-REAL-HEMI-CAR-528-CI-CRATE-HEMI-ENGINE--1566503126.jpg
1968-plymouth-gtx.jpg
1968-plymouth-gtx (1).jpg

A set of Super Stock springs will get that rear end up in the air like the blue car if that is what you are after.

I’ve re-drilled the front mount for a lower hole. Keeps the mild arch of the factory spring without the crappier handling of the superstocks or higher arch springs. Also costs less if the current springs are good.

If you are trying to do this on the cheap, just pick up a set of 'Add-a-Leaf' springs. You will likely get about an inch or so lift. I have used them many times and the biggest drawback is just getting them installed, but worth it in my opinion.
jus sayin...

I really love the gtx but the line looks like a grandmother car, unlike the road runner which looks faster and more dynamic, a different rake I think.
thanks for your advice I still don’t know what to do or what to buy actually.

What roadrunner? The blue car is a GTX too.
Anyway, if you just want it up a bit, I would get two left 3800 lb ss springs. If you want it up more, two right sides. If you do it the proper way, and buy the proper left and right sides, it will lean a little. That can be changed with front torsion bar adjustment.
(I didn't believe that, until I measured mine. Yep, about 3/4"taller on the passenger side).

I really love the gtx but the line looks like a grandmother car, unlike the road runner which looks faster and more dynamic, a different rake I think.
thanks for your advice I still don’t know what to do or what to buy actually.
Do you mean the "Downhill" car?

Auto Transport Service
Back