• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

High Performance Plymouth Dealerships

Tim Bell

Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there was a Plymouth dealer back in the day that was the equivalent of a Mr. Norms Grand-Spaulding Dodge?

There were a couple in southern california. Yeakel bros, and another that sponsored maxwedge stockers and super stockers. Can't remember the name, but it'll come me. They were out of Pasadena, I think.
Yeakel bros Chrysler Plymouth sponsored a top fuel car..... driven by Tom McEwen. ( and maybe s/ss).

Last edited:
I would think Melrose Motors. They sponsored S/S and AWB. I believe they were in California. They also got 1 of 4 1965 Two Percent cars built, so I think Chrysler held them in high esteem.

Last edited:
Milne Brothers Plymouth Center, 1951 Colorado Street, Pasadena, California
They were bought out by Rusnak Auto Group.

There were a couple in southern california. Yeakel bros, and another that sponsored maxwedge stockers and super stockers. Can't remember the name, but it'll come me. They were out of Pasadena, I think.
Yeakel bros Chrysler Plymouth sponsored a top fuel car..... driven by Tom McEwen. ( and maybe s/ss).
Milne Brothers Plymouth Center, 1951 Colorado Street, Pasadena, California
They were bought out by Rusnak Auto Group.
Yep that's them. I had to reread my own post in the thread Jeff Peterson mentioned to remind myself.

In the northeast, on a smaller scale, it was Clark Motor Company in my home town, and current domain, State College, Pennsylvania. The presence of Penn State, along with hardcore local farm boys, provided the market. My former brother in law was the service manager back in the day, and campaigned a '63 Plymouth wagon with a max wedge, a factory 440 Barracuda, and a '69 Hemi Road Runner at Beaver Springs Dragway. Owner Bill Clark sold mutiple Hemi Road Runners, 440 6bbl Road Runners and at least one GTX, sold many 383 cars, 340 Barracudas and Dusters. He drove 3 heavily optioned GTXs as company cars, a Blue '67, a red '69 (which resides in my garage 54 years later), and a 999 code burgundy '70. He also drove an R4 red A12 Road Runner for a few months, before selling it. The 1970 440 6bbl Road Runner Convertible he sold has been advertised here but didn't sell. He also had a Moulin Rouge AAR 'Cuda in the show room.

Bill Clark had been a fighter pilot in WWII, and loved fast machinery. He sold enough Mopar muscle cars in the day to restore a vintage P51 Mustang, which was his weekend toy of choice.

Hub Chrysler Plymouth in Milwaukee, WI also comes to mind. They sponsored a Superbird that ran short short track events after the wing cars were retired from NASCAR. My former A33 GTX was sold by them new.
IMG_2278.JPG

S L Savidge in downtown Seattle always seemed to have at least a couple Hemi cars on the floor for sale when they were available new. I believe that they also helped out some northwest racers.

samuel-savidge-seattle-wa-photos49.jpg

In the northeast, on a smaller scale, it was Clark Motor Company in my home town, and current domain, State College, Pennsylvania. The presence of Penn State, along with hardcore local farm boys, provided the market. My former brother in law was the service manager back in the day, and campaigned a '63 Plymouth wagon with a max wedge, a factory 440 Barracuda, and a '69 Hemi Road Runner at Beaver Springs Dragway. Owner Bill Clark sold mutiple Hemi Road Runners, 440 6bbl Road Runners and at least one GTX, sold many 383 cars, 340 Barracudas and Dusters. He drove 3 heavily optioned GTXs as company cars, a Blue '67, a red '69 (which resides in my garage 54 years later), and a 999 code burgundy '70. He also drove an R4 red A12 Road Runner for a few months, before selling it. The 1970 440 6bbl Road Runner Convertible he sold has been advertised here but didn't sell. He also had a Moulin Rouge AAR 'Cuda in the show room.

Bill Clark had been a fighter pilot in WWII, and loved fast machinery. He sold enough Mopar muscle cars in the day to restore a vintage P51 Mustang, which was his weekend toy of choice.
Bill Clark died when he crashed his privately owned P-51 into a mountain side near State College. I think it was Nittany Mountain.

I wasn’t sure of the mountain, I was a corrections officer in Huntingdon when it happened.

The plane was a legend in the area. The engine occupied a place of honor in the showroom before it went in the plane. Parked next to a ‘69 Hemi Road Runner.

Auto Transport Service
Back