• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

High School Daily Driver 1970 Coronet

FranksCoronet

Local time
4:33 PM
Reaction score
hey guys my names Frankie, I'm 18 from Delaware and here's my daily driver 1970 Coronet Sedan. It's basically all original, I'm the second owner. I'm just fixing things along the way and keeping her going.

IMG_9757.JPG

Welcome to FBBO Frankie. It's great to have another young Mopar brother on the site. Your ride looks sweet! Love that model. Try to post some more pics and tell us more about yourself and the car.

Welcome to FBBO

Welcome to FBBO Frankie. It's great to have another young Mopar brother on the site. Your ride looks sweet! Love that model. Try to post some more pics and tell us more about yourself and the car.

Where can I post more about this? This thread? Could you guys see it? Sorry I'm kinda new to this haha

Welcome from Ohio and +1 to all the above requests.

Welcome aboard the board! :D You can post pics and info in the General Forum too....

Alright so you guys wanted some more, I'm happy to share. I bought this car when I was 17 out of Pennsylvania. It's my first car. I bought it from the son of the original owner. They bought it from Weather's Dodge in PA. It stayed there most of its life. The seat covers were put on right after they got it and they're still there! I have stuff like the untouched build sheet, the original owners manual, and two of the hubs that were on it when they got it. Since I've owned it I've been driving it to school and locally to shows and such. I've hit a few bumps along the way with parts mainly because of age. And example is I figured out the spark plug wires were bad, they were date coded 1983 replaced by the dealer! She's not pristine by any means, but she's in great shape. Currently has 99k miles and change. Pretty much everything is original on her. I've been using original parts to fix her up. I just recently actually got stock sized white line tires to keep the original look (picture included). Here's some pictures I've taken in the about 1 year I've owned it. Ive got lots of questions which I'm sure I'll post on here. If anyone has any questions for me feel free to ask. Thanks for the welcomes!
The older pictures have the old Newport hubcaps btw

I think this is how I let you guys see this? Sorry I'm new to this
@69 GTX @oldbee @SDCoronet @Budnicks @GetX'd

IMG_1394.JPG IMG_5018.JPG IMG_5399.JPG IMG_5400.JPG IMG_6319.JPG IMG_8832.JPG IMG_9828.JPG IMG_9829.JPG IMG_9830.JPG IMG_9831.JPG

Everyone has a belly button.
Very, very few people have 1970 Coronet.
Keep her going.
I think you will find people in the MOPAR family tend to be helpful.

Oh.
Steelies and drilled cop hubcaps.
Extra cool and my choice for all my cars.
Every see this show?
Cop wheels and caps.

i004938.jpg

Maybe take this to the general discussion forum,
far more viewers there than here in the welcome wagon

this forum is really intended as a meet & greet,
share a few photos some background story etc.
most the rest is done in other forums...

Cool project,
glad to see a younger person get involved with an older car...

good luck with the build, Happy Moparing

Oh.
Steelies and drilled cop hubcaps.
Extra cool and my choice for all my cars.
Every see this show?
Cop wheels and caps.

View attachment 514195
No I don't think I've seen that show. And yea I love the look of the drilled cop hubs on the steels. The owner before me had old Newport hubs on it and I was like these gotta go

She's a beauty! It's pretty cool how you got her and all the stuff you have that came along. Coronets are nice cars and are definitely worth fixing up when you can afford it. Keep her in good shape and continue to try and keep that originality. I bout my GTX when I was 17 and still have it. I'm 63 now! Let the questions fly - lots of good and smart people on this site.

Maybe take this to the general discussion forum,
far more viewers there than here in the welcome wagon

this forum is really intended as a meet & greet,
share a few photos some background story etc.
most the rest is done in other forums...

Cool project,
glad to see a younger person get involved with an older car...

good luck with the build, Happy Moparing
Thanks!! So are you saying I should just like copy+paste this to general discussion?

Welcome, glad to have you here. That's a nice looking ride.
I bought my GTX when I was a senior in high school in 1979, still have it and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Auto Transport Service
Back