• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

History Channel - "Restoration Garage"

Magnes

Local time
12:24 PM
Reaction score
So I've been busy building my wife's '77 Ramcharger for the last month but a few days ago I get a call from Canada. The guy is from a production company and he works on a show called "Restoration Garage" that airs on the Canadian version of The History Channel.

For one of their upcoming shows, they are building a 1972 Roadrunner. This guy was a researcher who was looking for pictures/videos for "B" reel... Pictures of a finished car to air at the beginning of the show when they bring out their old car so they can show what theirs has the potential to look like when they are finished.

Anyway he said he had been looking around the net and saw the pictures/vid of my black 72 that I sold earlier this year and that's the pictures they want to use on the show. I was pretty stoked. So anyway, I sent him the originals and he said that they'd get back to me and let me know when the show will air.

I just thought that was kind of neat and you guys might enjoy that. Not too bad for an an old Satellite.

ezn978.jpg

Meanwhile I am now done with the Ramcharger and can now get started on the 71 Sat Sebring I picked up about a month ago. Hoping to be painting it in about a month. As soon as I get done with the 71 I can start on the red 72 SSP barn find car.

Post some pictures of your 71 & 72. To bad we will not be able to see the show when it is aired.

Post some pictures of your 71 & 72. To bad we will not be able to see the show when it is aired.

I asked him to send me a copy of the episode. I will upload it to youtube or something.

As for pictures of my current projects... I've posted them before but I will show em again.

This is the 72 SSP as it is now. I bought it back at the beginning of April. "Barn find" that had been in dry storage since '97. 80K original miles. Brought it home and cleaned it up, went through the fuel system and ignition and it runs good now. Had to completely rebuild the brakes but she runs and drives pretty good as is. I have some plans for it but I am going to build the 71 first and put it up for sale and then I will build this car.

14xouqg.jpg

And I don't really have good pictures of the 71 but here is a video that shows it. 71 Satellite Sebring. Bought it last month. The last owner built a wild 440 for it. Has a 727 & 8 3/4. It's a real solid car, completely rust free and straight. The interior is pretty good and doesn't need much. I think I'm going to paint it Vitamin C, do some odds and ends to get it finished out then I will sell it to help finance the build of the red 72.

[video=youtube;1m9hrZyuFpQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m9hrZyuFpQ[/video]

You can see our 73 Cuda in the video as well.

jzzfnm.jpg

And here is the 77 Ramcharger when we got it a month ago...

15ehb3c.jpg

And here it is last week after I got through with it. It's running good now (360 2bar). I painted it in Eastwood's "Dead Rat Flat Black". I stripped out the whole interior, coated the floors in Herculiner bed liner. The seats were in great condition. We had the 2 door panels redone. We are having a removable top made for it to go between the top of the windshield and down the rollbar. It's at the suspension shop now having a 4" lift done on it and we bought the new Rockstar 2 wheels for it (18" with 35" tires). It's going to be pretty fun.

2hdy0qh.jpg

Interesting. They did a Roadrunner in Season 1 (If I recall it was a 72 or 73 Roadrunner/GTX) at least that's what they referred to it as. And it was a black car. The Guild of Automotive Restoration where they do the work and film the show is about an hour from me but I've never made the drive.

Interesting. They did a Roadrunner in Season 1 (If I recall it was a 72 or 73 Roadrunner/GTX) at least that's what they referred to it as. And it was a black car. The Guild of Automotive Restoration where they do the work and film the show is about an hour from me but I've never made the drive.

Ironically, I just saw this episode in a rerun last night. That was a beautiful car they restored there. The Father and son were both so delighted with their new toy.

Auto Transport Service
Back