• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley 660's on a Tunnel Ram...What carb kit for a rebuild?

skicker

Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
The carbs I have seem to work really well so far but are leaking at a few different areas...

I'd just as soon rebuild them with new kits but in researching it I'm not sure what I need to purchase...

These carbs have the metering blocks installed in the secondary's and the longer fuel feed tubes...

Anyone have any rebuild kit numbers I can use to get everything I need?

IMG_3662.JPG

If my memory is correct, the list number of those units is 4224. Thats what you need to source a kit from Holley. Renew kit is 37-1537 or trick kit is 37-933. Either is kinda spendy. Maybe contact them or someone like Braswell to see if there is one less expensive to use.

I researched those two kits...then I may also need to add in the extra 4160 metering block and bowl gaskets...

Definitely a little higher than I would have guessed...

Holley has discontinued/deleted hundreds of rebuild kit part numbers and bulked them into universal type kits now. Gives you more than you need for an individual carb. I just ordered (2) 37-1542 kits for my dual quad 4160's and they came with everything needed.

If your pump diaphragms are ok, maybe just order up bowl/metering block/bowl screw/idle screw/pump nozzle/base to main body gaskets/needle and seat units. You can find the numbers for those on their site. Pump diaphragms are expensive since they're the 50cc units. There is a possibility that the two kits contain enough goodies for two carbs since the 4224's were a 2-4 usage on tunnel rams.

Like 6PKRTSE mentioned, many of the Holley kits have been lumped together now which is good in a way but it sometimes makes it tricky to get the right parts. If the off-the-shelf kits from places like the Summit don't work for me I call Jim at Allstate Carburetor.
(631) 234-8327

Give Jim or Jarred a call at Allstate, They made kits for my 660's that were missing the choke towers and for my six-pack carbs. They are great to work with. They have helped Andy Wood and Unity Motorsports Garage with his carbs also. Great guys!

I have some 660's that I will be selling if anyone wants some. I installed annular boosters in them and it's a great upgrade.

Home Page - Allstate Carburetor

Last edited:
The carbs I have seem to work really well so far but are leaking at a few different areas...

I'd just as soon rebuild them with new kits but in researching it I'm not sure what I need to purchase...

These carbs have the metering blocks installed in the secondary's and the longer fuel feed tubes...

Anyone have any rebuild kit numbers I can use to get everything I need?

View attachment 1632987

I installed the aft metering blocks on mine with the newer-style fuel tubes. Allstate had everything I needed to accomplish this. They will have anything you need for yours.

By the way, your car sounds great!

Thx all...

I ordered two kits from Allstate and they arrived today...

Looks like everything I needed is in the kits...

Auto Transport Service
Back