• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HOLLEY R4166A 1969 4BBL

FLY 9999

Local time
4:58 PM
Reaction score
This Holley was standard on the 1969 440/350HP vacuum secondary. Does anyone know what the CFM is? Can't seem to find that specific info. Thanks

Looked through all my Holley books no CFM listing just lots of parts

This Holley was standard on the 1969 440/350HP vacuum secondary. Does anyone know what the CFM is? Can't seem to find that specific info. Thanks
IMO....most likely that the carb has 1-9/16" primary throttle bores and 1-11/16" secondary throttle bores, The primary VENTURII will likely be 1-1/2" and the secondary VENTURII will likely be 1-5/8" and have straight, not down leg secondary booster venturii assemblies. The carb is a 4160 design with a secondary metering plate and vacuum operated secondary throttle plates (demand based on primary venturii differential pressure). The CFM is around 650 but it is an emission controlled carb that is calibrated lean to insure emission compliance. .......just my opinion of course......
BOB RENTON

The ’69 FSM shows a bore size of 1-9/16” for both primary and secondary, primary venturi at 1-1/4”, secondary venturi at 1-5/16”. I’m going to say closer to 600CFM for the 4166 on the standard performance 440 application. I’ve spent many hours back in the day digging through Holey parts catalogs/publications looking for detailed specs on various OE Holley list numbers, never found accurate CFM ratings for any of them anywhere.

BTW, those particular C-body Holley’s from that time where notorious around the dealers for warpage, leakage and relates under-hood fires.

Auto Transport Service
Back