• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley sniper Hyperspark location suggestions

Loulang

Local time
6:40 AM
Reaction score
I’m trying to get a idea on we’re to mount my Hyperspark on my 66. Would like to see we’re any of y’all have put yours. Much appreciated

for years I ran my MSD box on the inner fender between the battery and the fender
I also added a two step when I installed the line lock
I ran the wires forward and along the core support to the coil which is mounted on the right inner fender
(wires visible in second pic)
the latest version has a 6al-2 so I don't have to run the chips anymore

IMG_20220201_142808859_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220201_142830376.jpg

DSC01019 (Large).JPG

I’m trying to get a idea on we’re to mount my Hyperspark on my 66. Would like to see we’re any of y’all have put yours. Much appreciated
I have the same system and previously attached to the firewall in that spot on the passenger side just above and over from the heater core inlet/outlet in the engine bay. I'm not a fan of putting things on the fender. But here's the deal, that box is not a fan of heat. I ended up moving mine internal... it sounds bad, but it stays cool and completely unnoticeable. I installed in the passenger footwell area on the air handler behind the dash (basically under the glove box). HTH

I was thinking about putting it by my sniper coil but not sure if there will be any interference. Does anyone know if it will be ok to?

I was thinking about putting it by my sniper coil but not sure if there will be any interference. Does anyone know if it will be ok to?
I wouldn't. But also, I wouldn't put the coil near the sniper or harness.

I wouldn't. But also, I wouldn't put the coil near the sniper or harness.
My coil is by my horn And nowhere near my sniper. I will post a picture shortly. Also I thought I seen a video that said to place the hyper spark In a direction so that water cannot fill up in the plug. My car does not see bad weather if there’s a chance of rain I don’t take it out Because my side window seals need to be replaced but I am not replacing any seals until the body and paint work is done

I was thinking about one of these two places but like I said it’s kind of close to the coil and I just don’t want no interference

18CD3016-5928-4226-B090-47EA180051E5.jpeg

DD5044FE-F8CB-4D37-9EC7-A001BF2D788A.jpeg

Covered up the fender tag?
I did
but I have been modifying this car since 1976
I don't consider it a collector car
When you change as much on a car as I have,
it ceases to be collector car, it becomes a street car

DO NOT MOUNT A E.C.U NEAR ELECTIRIC COMPONETS it will make the e.c.u erratic and make the car run bad unless you shield the e.c.u and wiring.

DO NOT MOUNT A E.C.U NEAR ELECTIRIC COMPONETS it will make the e.c.u erratic and make the car run bad unless you shield the e.c.u and wiring.
Now I’m confused TN MOPAR clearly has his right next to his battery which I believe is considered a electrical component.

Now I’m confused TN MOPAR clearly has his right next to his battery which I believe is considered a electrical component.
ok but if the e.c.u is mounted near electric components it can Couse interference.

page 15 of install manual for pro-flo4 e.c.u

21. Find a suitable mounting location for the ECU. This should be on the same side of the vehicle as the O2 sensor. Recommended
mounting locations are the fender well, inner fender panel or inside the vehicle on the passenger side kick panel. Be sure the O2
sensor connection reaches the main harness connector.
NOTE: It is recommended to mount the ECU in a location away from excessive heat, vibration, possible water exposure and as far
away from spark plug wires, and ignition related components as possible

I have the same system and previously attached to the firewall in that spot on the passenger side just above and over from the heater core inlet/outlet in the engine bay. I'm not a fan of putting things on the fender. But here's the deal, that box is not a fan of heat. I ended up moving mine internal... it sounds bad, but it stays cool and completely unnoticeable. I installed in the passenger footwell area on the air handler behind the dash (basically under the glove box). HTH
I installed mine under the dash behind the glove box for exactly the same reasons. Out of the heat, away from any EMI noise, short wire run through the firewall, under the intake to the coil/dist. Been working great and one less thing under the hood.

ok but if the e.c.u is mounted near electric components it can Couse interference.

page 15 of install manual for pro-flo4 e.c.u

21. Find a suitable mounting location for the ECU. This should be on the same side of the vehicle as the O2 sensor. Recommended
mounting locations are the fender well, inner fender panel or inside the vehicle on the passenger side kick panel. Be sure the O2
sensor connection reaches the main harness connector.
NOTE: It is recommended to mount the ECU in a location away from excessive heat, vibration, possible water exposure and as far
away from spark plug wires, and ignition related components as possible
Thanks I’m gonna have to pull out my sniper installation papers and go over it. I don’t recall anything about it having to be on the same side as o2 sensor. Do appreciate your time thanks

My hyper spark coil is mounted above the ecu on the passenger side of the rad. but I only have a 22” radiator. I use a single road runner horn to give me room. If I had an engine with distributor in rear I might be inclined to mount ecu under dash……
I think Holley has come out with a smaller hyper spark ecu that could give you more mounting flexibility

A battery does not put out pulsing waves that can interfere with electronics - unlike a coil or CD Ignition unit.

I messaged a Holley technician with the pics of were I want to mount it, also origcharger stated his is next to his coil so I think I will be ok. Will make a final decision when holleys tech emails me back.

A battery does not put out pulsing waves that can interfere with electronics - unlike a coil or CD Ignition unit.
Is there not a pulsating charge going through the positive cable?

Auto Transport Service
Back