• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood alignment

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:48 AM
Reaction score
Anyone got ideas? Seems the rear of my hood does not want to go down flush with the cowl. Now I only spent about 15 minutes doing this, but jeez, I should've been in the ball park. This is not rocket science or is it?:confused:

Prolly just need to loosen the bolts just a bit, close the hood, then press down on it to get it to shift.

Runner is right but you'll need a helper or a stick, because if you open the hood and turn it loose to tighten the bolts, it will slip back out of line. Have the stick in one hand one hand for the hood. Keep up pressure on the hood with your hand whgile you place your stick in a way that will keep the front of the hood from dropping then tighten your bolts. Or a helper could just hold it up while you tighten the bolts.

Well I did the only thing I could think of on such short notice, call in a favor from a buddy and watch (help, learn).

Mopar body panel alignment has always been a pain , I remember some of these that I have seen, and as a matter or fact lots of these cars came from the factory with less than perfect panel alignment , these car weren't originally build to be the collector items and show piece that they have become, They were build like everything else was at the time, people working 40 hours a week, building transportation devices to get from from point A to point B.

I hear ya 69 rt but im guilty of judging the quality of peoples builds by panel gaps

Auto Transport Service
Back