• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood to cowl seal for 67 GTX

Gary Spaid

Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
My GTX doesn't have a hood to cowl seal so I ordered one from Classic Industries along with clips. Can someone provide a pic showing how it is oriented and explain how to install with clips?
Thanks in advance.

Mine is the original I would say. Hopefully these help with the reproduction.

IMG_2204 Large.png
IMG_2205 Large.png

Where are the clips? Those little round buttons? The clips they sent don't look at all like that.

The little "buttons" are the end of the clip staples bent over. Sad that the repro mfg can't install them and expects you to locate position and do same.

Clips in these slots near top of photo? Then punch those tips through the seal and bend them over?
20230910_171039.jpg
20230910_170929.jpg

Do they have anything on the seal to locate where the pointy parts of the clips come through like holes?

Yes, I would say that's the slots for the clips.

I just did the hood to rad support seal and the clips and seal fit awesome.

No marks or holes. I guess I will start with clips in the middle and work out.

Thanks. I will try them if I screw this one up. And here I thought I was the only screw up around here.

Well, I did screw it up, so I have ordered the seal I should have in the first place.

Got the seal from Detroit Muscle. With clips already installed it took about a minute to install.

Auto Transport Service
Back