• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hooker 5903-1HKR headers for A 1969 b body 440

lyndondb

Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone installed Hooker 5903-1HKR on a 1969 B Body? I have yet to get a set of headers that willl clear the steering box,
just wondering if these will. Thanks for any advice.
1697387439257.png

I had those in a '70 Charger. They cleared the steering but the 4 to 1 merge on the left side was close to the torsion bar. I had to take a section of car tire sidewall and attach it to the t-bar as an insulator to stop rattles and heat absorption.

I had those in a '70 Charger. They cleared the steering but the 4 to 1 merge on the left side was close to the torsion bar. I had to take a section of car tire sidewall and attach it to the t-bar as an insulator to stop rattles and heat absorption.
Thanks so much.

The 5903 is what I have on our 69 charger with a rb. We didn't do any mods..just bolted them in. We are running solid motor mounts if that matters. I would buy them again...no complaints.

Auto Transport Service
Back