• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hooker BlackHeart Gen III Hemi engine swap Header back exhaust system for 68-70 B body review.

zyzzyx

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
O.K., so I went through the search for one of these systems and couldn't find a single post, so here goes!
I purchased this system from Jegs late last year with free shipping hoping it would fit my stock 68 GTX
w/440/auto. It's a 2-1/2" 304 Stainless Steel system. $969.95+tax. I'm installing it now and here are my
findings: I started with the two pipes that go over the rear axle because the hangers are right there, and
that locates the whole system front-to-back. I then put the mufflers on and supported them with a nylon
ratchet-strap across the bottom of the car. Then I mounted the H-Pipe and supported it with another ratchet
strap. I have a set of Hooker Race adjustables on my car that I had Jet-Hot coated years ago. They advertise
that the system fits snug to the bottom of the car and boy, are they right! They fit the floor pan with an
index finger between the pipes and the floor pan from front to back. I'm wrestling with header hookup right
now, but nothing terrible. I personally think they fit wonderful, and being made of 304 Stainless, they will
never rust or discolor. The price is right also. I was going to go with a TTI system until I read all of the
comments. The back end is fitting nicely too. I'm not using their hangars as I'm using the stock Exhaust
tip hangars and some Hemi type reasonators. Here are some pics.
20220831_181243.jpg
20230217_193219.jpg
20230214_143817.jpg
20230217_100244.jpg
20230217_100305.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back