• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hoosier 26x8.50-15 on a 66 B-body

BobH

Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
26x8.5-15 slicks. The question is will they fit? I've got 235/70r15 street tires on it and they're a tight fit mounted on the cop car rims. Don't have rims for the slicks yet but from what I've read on here 8 inch wide 4 1/2 backspacing sounds like what I need to look for. Will this work? thanks

I ran a
45635505_2103314809681217_7857051208085667840_n.jpg
275-60-15 MT radial slick on a 8 inch wheel with 4.5 back space on my 66 Coronet. Tight fit but fit with no rubbing.

Agree with Aron. It ALL depends on the backspace of the wheel. Right bs, should be easy, wrong bs, not happening.
4 1/4 bs on a 15x7, 4 1/2 or more on a 15x8 or 8 1/2(more preferred imo, too much bs, a spacer can fix, too little bs and it hits the fender).

Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot. Trying to get the car ready for Dragweek so I hope they're not too much of a pain in the *** to get in and out of the wheelwell.

Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot. Trying to get the car ready for Dragweek so I hope they're not too much of a pain in the *** to get in and out of the wheelwell.
You'll be fine. Just jack one side at a time from the frame.

A cop rim would probably be a good fit

If your gonna be changing em every day, I'd go with a seven inch rim, with at least 4"bs, more is better.

It's been a while but thought I should post my results. 26x8.5-15 Hoosier slicks mounted on 8.5 wide rims with 4.5 backspacing will fit. The outside sidewall looks like it would be real close to rubbing if the suspension was fully compressed, but if the suspension travels that far when the slicks are on I've got way more serious things to worry about.

It's been a while but thought I should post my results. 26x8.5-15 Hoosier slicks mounted on 8.5 wide rims with 4.5 backspacing will fit. The outside sidewall looks like it would be real close to rubbing if the suspension was fully compressed, but if the suspension travels that far when the slicks are on I've got way more serious things to worry about.
Pics please

Auto Transport Service
Back