• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hopefully a simple question

Roger63

Local time
6:53 AM
Reaction score
If a cars fender tag has no code for brakes would it have the standard 10 inch manual drum brakes?
Thanks

I've never saw any codes for brakes on a fender tag. That info would be on the paper broadcast sheet.

Rule of thumb is small blocks got 10", big blocks 11". Not 100% sure about 340s.

Ok well thanks I kinda thought that was the case I was just trying to confirm my suspicion.

Plenty BB mopars got 10” brakes. Remember the 383-2bbl in b-bodes.

yes usually only disc brakes are on the tag.

List of all that had 11” drums standard nothing on tag:
all road runner 1968-1971
all hemi engines1966-1971
all GTX 1967-1971

with a few exceptions like Superbird, AAR & TA, and the 4.10 Dana cars all had disc brakes, but it was on the tag.

Plenty BB mopars got 10” brakes. Remember the 383-2bbl in b-bodes.

yes usually only disc brakes are on the tag.

List of all that had 11” drums standard nothing on tag:
all road runner 1968-1971
all hemi engines1966-1971
all GTX 1967-1971

with a few exceptions like Superbird, AAR & TA, and the 4.10 Dana cars all had disc brakes, but it was on the tag.
My A12 column auto with a 4.10 dana has 11"hd drums on both ends. The drivetrain code on the fender tag from Lynch road will tell whether it had 11/11 drums, or discs/10" drums.

It always amazes me the wealth of information on this forum thank you all

10" brakes were standard unless it has a suspension upgrade , HD suspension as an example. HP pkg cars , Roadrunners, GTXs , RT's and SuperBees . Also Police and taxis received such an upgrade as example

My 67 Coronet 500 has 10" drum brakes all around, original 383 hp / auto / 3.23 rear axle car .
Had it been an RT it would have received the HD susp. and brakes as part of the pkg, Which included springs, torsion bars, shocks , hd brakes etc etc

My 66 Satellite has 11" drum brakes all around but its got the HD / Hemi suspension . Original Hemi / Auto, 8-3/4 axle car originally ( has a previous owner added 3.54 dana now )

Ditto to above. My friends original '68 R/T has 11" drums all around. My (previously) all original '69 Charger had 10" power drums with it's 383-4 bbl and A/C.

Auto Transport Service
Back