• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hoping to join the club

Welcome and good luck in your search!

It's restorable, but you better really love the car. One of the biggest oversights people make is underestimating the time and cost of rust repair.

Probably not so much love the car as love the work. I really wouldn't know what do do with a runner that needed no work at all!

Start by removing the screens over the cowl vents under the hood, below the windshield.
Does the cowl just pop out? Just want to be prepared to be able to pull it when I go look at it again.

I appreciate everyone's opinions. That is why I posted here...I wanted to hear all the warnings about how bad a deal it is. That being said... people are saying wait for a better one to come along and I have been looking for a while and I'm not seeing them. Seems like everything is 20-40k cars that are runners...and I'm not interested in a runner...or at least not something that is road-ready. Wheres the fun in that??? :) but yeah, I hear what everyone is saying. As I said, I'm going to go look at it again and get it up off the ground so I can get a good look at how it is underneath.

Last edited:
Some cowl screens clip in and some screw in.

I marked up a pic fro the ad in the "for sale under 10K" thread.

It doesn't look good. Rot at the bottom of the A pillar.

I think you should be able to get something way better than that for less. I saw a better 73? Charger in Alberta missing motor and transmission for about 3500.00 US. Very easy to import to the US. if I was looking for a car, I would stay west of the Mississippi, look in any place that lines up east and west with North Dakota—-Montana, including Manitoba, Saskatchewan Alberta and some parts of British Columbia.
Helped a friend get a very nice 68 Barracuda in Ochelata OK. 53,000 mile survivor. Wonderful car and condition.
I personally would not consider buying it. If you really want the car, it is your decision.
For that price, you could buy one up here and get it home and have less invested and less work to do.
Look at Kijiji dodge in classic cars. Manitoba, Saskatchewan Alberta. Edmonton, Calgary, Regina Saskatoon Regina and Winning.

Last edited:
IMG_5844.gif

Now don’t be shy and please share some pictures of that A100 and the motor of course. We’d all like to see it!

I say skip the Roadrunner and put a couple decals on that van’s window. Wait for a much better project. Be patient said the wiseman.

Welcome from the hills of Arkansas.

Welcome from Alabama, go back look it over real good, if you are convinced you can fix the issues, offer him 1/2 the money or less. My opinion, it's a great parts car.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Given the condition of that car, I think I would keep on looking. There has to be better cars than that in South Carolina!

1. 1978 Plymouth Volare 4 door. $3,000. 1978 plymouth volare for sale by owner - Colorado Springs, CO - craigslist

2. 3. 4. 964 Plymouth Valiant Convertible Slant 6 Engine-manual speed Runs has 108,585 miles has been rebuilt needs new windshield, convertible roof works but needs new cloth and other misc repairs. Price $7K or best offer

1952 New Yorker Coupe- Runs has 37K miles. Needs new interior and other misc repairs Price $6K or best offer

1949 Plymouth Special DeLuxe with Suicide Doors= Runs has 36K miles Needs new brakes and new interior and other misc repairs Price $6K or best offer

1964 Msc for sale by owner - Battlement Mesa, CO - craigslist

Auto Transport Service
Back