• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Horn ring= full or part

Ratbastard

Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
hi everyone, my interest is does anyone know why some 67 coronets have a full horn ring vs others that have the top third missing. Is it model or year or car. I’ve seen the same cars with it and with out it. I’ve never seen or heard anyone discuss it.

It is an option in 1967. It is not called out on the fender tag. It is on the broadcast sheet. Code number is 571. The center cap is the same for either partial or full horn ring.

Yep, option.
79489B50-C4F5-49F5-84EC-3B2505325443.jpeg

hi everyone, my interest is does anyone know why some 67 coronets have a full horn ring vs others that have the top third missing. Is it model or year or car. I’ve seen the same cars with it and with out it. I’ve never seen or heard anyone discuss it.
The full ring was an option. How it was ordered I don't know. It could have been in a package or just an individual option.

Thanks for imput, I thought maybe with 150 speedo you got clear view, 120 you look through. I wonder if one or other is more rare, or am I looking into it to much. O well, life will go on. Thanks as always!

I think it is ordered by itself. But I wasn’t there to order one! Full ring is a bit rare, the partial is standard so not rare at all.

I have a 67 GTX with the full horn ring and a AT console & tach and nothing else for options. Manual everything, open rear end, no light package, etc

In addition I have a 67 RT with many options & two accessory groups, but no full horn ring. 4sp, Tach, clock, headrests, all the courtesy lamps, rear speaker, etc

Last edited:
625C691E-3F50-4D23-A9AF-5C17B46B98B2.jpeg
I’ve got the full ring so I’ll live with it. Great info though.

I know it was the "deluxe steering wheel "option in 1964. So maybe it was still in 1967 ?

As far as Chargers go, I have never seen one with a partial ring, 66 or 67.
A friend of mine bought a 67 Coronet 440 model 4 door from original owners. It had a wood grain steering wheel. They ordered it that way, because the wife was worried about getting her coat sleeve caught.

We had a 66 Coronet 440, 225/ 3 sped 2 Dr htop.
It had the full ring and the plastic parts underneath kept breaking and the ring flopped about. The shifter had a tapered plastic end on it and once my brother banged 2nd and it broke off. The dealer replaced it with a typical "knob".
Poor car. My brother must have over revved it one time too many and it developed a rod knock. Dad traded it on a 70 Challenger.
My brother wrecked it.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back