• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

horn ring removal ?

66plysat

Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
I'm trying to remove the horn ring from my 66 Satellite. I've done it a couple of times in the past but now I'm having trouble, I want to make sure I remember how to do it correctly so I don't break anything. Do I grab the horn ring an turn it to the left, do I need to push in the ring as I turn it or am I all screwed up and not able to remember correctly.

Maybe someone can help out an old guy with CRS disease (can't remember sh*t)

removal of horn ring

Push in at 7 oclock position and twist.

Thanks for the info, but I still can't get the darn thing off. I know it comes off cause I've done it before. My mind isn't what it used to be, can someone remind me and describe how it's locked on to the wheel.

I finally was able to remove the ring anfter alot of frustration, thanks for the helpful info.

I have a sharp punch with a twist/curl on the end. Make sure the temperature is warm then pry gently beneath and roll out kind of like a tire changer.

Auto Transport Service
Back